Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southeastern Illinois
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Tea tree oil is toxic if ingested, even in small quantities. I wouldn't use it on bath toys that might eventually go in the mouth.
Even with bleach, you can't really get in and clean the mildewy goo out of the inside of the toy, through those little holes.
I threw away all of our bath toys and mesh bag that got mildewy. It was too gross and too much trouble. Now I only get bath toys that don't hold water, that are easy to wipe off on the outside. I put the toys in a used plastic yogurt container and replace it with a new one periodically. To tell the truth, plastic kitchen containers (and funnels, spoons, etc...) that can go in a dishwasher (for sanitizing) make great bath toys.