What is castille soap? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-24-2006, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My local co-op has sever different kinds of castille soap and I've always picked up the bottle and checked it out, but found very little info on the package about what to do with it. I'm intrigued and would love to try it...but I'm not sure what to do with it?

So...help me what. In elementary terms what is castille soap and how do I use it? Does it need to be diluted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2006, 12:15 AM

Castile soap are made with Olive oil. Depending on the Castile soap and who's making it, you either have a lot of olive oil, or it's mixed with cheaper oils like coconut and other vegetable oils. The olive-oil only soaps are typically costlier.

As for use, people typically use them on their body, hair, and even in cleaning. If you would like to buy some of the Castile soap you saw, you would probably have to test its strength or concentration by just seeing the way it washes your hands. If a few drops does the trick, you may need to dilute it for larger uses. If you have to use a lot more, then use it like you would standard liquid soap.

Castile soaps are considered healthy because there aren't many people on the planet allergic to Olive Oil. Olive Oil does not clog pores (is non-comedogenic) either.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Aaaahhhh...finally something more than a mysterious bottle!

Any suggestions on sites/info on where to start. I'm somewhat adventurous, but am more the type that needs a recipe.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
As far as brands go, the Dr Bronner's castile soap is very good.

Mama to Munchkin  and Chickadee ...and co-parent to 3 additional bundles of energy!

User Tag List