dry dry dry flakey face and scalp HELP - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
 
eden/averymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada Baby, here comes the snow!
Posts: 1,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have tried so much crap, so many creams. right now I use some scalp care stuff from the health food shop but I am still dandruffy and I am using just water on my face and some skin calming face cream from aveeno on my face and it is blotchy and red and flakey, the skin actually hurts in places.

I am at the end of the rope with the skin on my face and scalp, everywhere else on my body the skin is fine.

I have tried OCM and it was good for about a week and a half and then over two days all my problems returned again. I am just at a loss.

any suggestions for a face and scalp in distress?
eden/averymum is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-13-2006, 02:22 PM
 
Wild Flowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: having fun
Posts: 1,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:
I have this problem too. For awhile it was alright when I was putting oil on my face, just a tad morning an dnight. But it hasn't done anything for my scalp and it makes my hair oily. Scrubbing with sugar worked a little also. But again, can't scrub my scalp with sugar. I do have a boars bristle brush and try to kinda scrub my scalp with that. I have heard that this type of skin problem can be related to a dairy allergy type of thing. So I am seriously considering getting all the dairy out of our house. But I think my husband would freak, and he also has the flaky skin, worse than me. But trying to convince someone who worked on a dairy farm that it might be bad...
Wild Flowers is offline  
Old 06-13-2006, 02:39 PM
 
3boysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Try this for scalp: http://www.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/f...ml?mv_arg=2475 I use it on my youngest ds and it really helps!

For face you might try my fave night cream : http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/2...Skincare:upd=y
3boysmom is offline  
Old 06-13-2006, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
 
eden/averymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada Baby, here comes the snow!
Posts: 1,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VnJW
:
I have this problem too. For awhile it was alright when I was putting oil on my face, just a tad morning an dnight. But it hasn't done anything for my scalp and it makes my hair oily. Scrubbing with sugar worked a little also. But again, can't scrub my scalp with sugar. I do have a boars bristle brush and try to kinda scrub my scalp with that. I have heard that this type of skin problem can be related to a dairy allergy type of thing. So I am seriously considering getting all the dairy out of our house. But I think my husband would freak, and he also has the flaky skin, worse than me. But trying to convince someone who worked on a dairy farm that it might be bad...
NOWAY! I eat alot of yogurt. maybe I should try, I'd have to get some nice almond milk for my tea or something. I used to get an upset tummy from milk. weird. I'm going to try!!
eden/averymum is offline  
Old 06-13-2006, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
 
eden/averymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada Baby, here comes the snow!
Posts: 1,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boysmom
Try this for scalp: http://www.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/f...ml?mv_arg=2475 I use it on my youngest ds and it really helps!

For face you might try my fave night cream : http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/2...Skincare:upd=y
mmmm.....there is a lush not too far from me at all and my borthday is coming up! I will definitely try those thanks!
eden/averymum is offline  
Old 06-13-2006, 03:24 PM
 
Wild Flowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: having fun
Posts: 1,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you see the ingrediants for the scalp treatment? For some reason I can't get them to come up. Since we no poo, there are certain things I don't like to put in my hair. But it sounds nice.
Wild Flowers is offline  
Old 06-13-2006, 03:29 PM
 
skylarsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Birdsboro,Pa.
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm having the same problem. It used to just get bad in the winter time but now that it's been nice out, it's still a problem. If I use lotions I breakout. I've tried a few different lotions but I don't have the money to keep trying new things. I've tried different shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatments, and non of it helps.

Lindsey- SAHM to Skylar (7-12-01), Leah (10-29-04), id twin boys Addison and Riley (6-17-08, born at 25w4d), and Terran (5-29-11, born at 28 weeks)

skylarsmama is offline  
Old 06-13-2006, 04:07 PM
 
3boysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here are in the ingredients as listed on my jar:

Almond Oil, nettle leaf, rosemary infusion, beeswax, lanolin, propylene glycol, perfume, fresh papaya, menthol, peppermint oil, lavender oil, rose absolute, rosemary oil, juniperberry oil, salicylic acid, borax, limonene, linalool, methylparaben, propylparaben.There is an * next to limonene and linalool that says these occur naturally in essential oils. Hope that helps!
3boysmom is offline  
Old 06-13-2006, 05:02 PM
 
Traci mom23boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My scalp gets very flaky when I don't take enough Essential Fatty Acids.
Doesn't seem to matter what I put on the outside only what goes inside

I suggest adding coconut oil, cod liver oil, fish oils, borage, black current,
as many different oils as possible really.

Blessings,
Traci
Mom to 3 homebirthed boys ages 16,13 &10

~Traci, wife to DH 4-88. Mom to 3 homebirthed sons, 22,20&17

The Blue Door Farmhouse & traci.mymomentis.biz

Traci mom23boys is offline  
Old 06-13-2006, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter
 
eden/averymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada Baby, here comes the snow!
Posts: 1,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boysmom
Here are in the ingredients as listed on my jar:

Almond Oil, nettle leaf, rosemary infusion, beeswax, lanolin, propylene glycol, perfume, fresh papaya, menthol, peppermint oil, lavender oil, rose absolute, rosemary oil, juniperberry oil, salicylic acid, borax, limonene, linalool, methylparaben, propylparaben.There is an * next to limonene and linalool that says these occur naturally in essential oils. Hope that helps!
sounds nice!
eden/averymum is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 03:33 PM
 
UptownZoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: In the monkey cage...
Posts: 2,208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eden/averymum
NOWAY! I eat alot of yogurt. maybe I should try, I'd have to get some nice almond milk for my tea or something. I used to get an upset tummy from milk. weird. I'm going to try!!
Yup! I recently (maybe 5 months ago?) cut my dairy intake to almost zero. My skin is much happier! I've discovered, too, that soy yogurt is very tasty. Gotta get that good bacteria, or else I'd have a yeast infection every month when I ovulate. Oh, and we use rice milk on cereal/oatmeal and in coffee and tea. IMO its consistency is more like cow's milk than soy milk is. My kids love almond milk to drink.

Good luck! I live in the high desert southwest and dry skin is a constant problem for me.

computergeek2.gif

UptownZoo is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 04:37 PM
 
mrsmay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been itching for weeks, after I switched to Paul Mitchell Super Skinney products.... wow, I thought it was a hair color allergy but I have traced it to an ingredient in (several of) my conditioners, Linalool. See if it is listed in a product which you are using...
mrsmay is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off