Bikini line bumps - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-09-2006, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I dont know why I never thought to post about this before My ? is for those of you who shave your bikini area. I always end up with those nasty little bumps after I shave they are just as bad as the hair : I know that it is possible to remove the hair without the bumps but so far I have not found the answer : right now I am using a salve and it help a bit after I shave but it dosnt work 100% but it is better. So could everyone out there share there methods for a nice looking bikini line.

I did try wax once at home but the pain was so bad I wont be doing it again. : I cant afford to have it done professionally so shaving really is my only option at this time. Those hair remover creams dont work for me at all the best I ever got with using them is it curled the hair up Even leaving it on to the point of burning the skin didnt remove the hair. : I even tried the electric razor but that thing bites : TIA

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#2 of 4 Old 07-09-2006, 01:41 PM

Here's a similar post, it should help you out:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=466648
#3 of 4 Old 07-09-2006, 04:06 PM

I get them sometimes too. I've read that one of the causes is using a dull razor.

Anyways, one thing that works for me, is this stuff called Tend Skin. ( www.tendskin.com ), I buy it at Sephora. I'm guessing it's not all that natural, but I'd rather apply it as needed, than end up with infected, ingrown hairs and have to take an antibiotic.
#4 of 4 Old 07-09-2006, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone and thanks for the link to the other thread. Having search down sucks :

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page