Natural way to delay period? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-12-2006, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm due to get my period next weekend on the day I have to be in SIL's wedding. Ugh. Is there any natural way I can delay it, even for a short time? The thought of having my period and dealing with a bridesmaid dress makes me crabby just thinking about it. :

read.gif mama to 2 dust.gifhomeschool.giftreehugger.gifsaynovax.gifRainbow.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2006, 02:43 AM

I can relate to your desire under the circumstances, but I would never want to interfere w/ mother nature. Maybe the stress, alone will delay it?! It's only a few hours, sweetie. Messing w/ your hormonal balance is risky, so I hope for you that the stress will be the answer you're looking for to delay it for a day! Good luck. Remember, there is always cups!
Old 08-12-2006, 11:54 AM

I know of a way to skip it with birth control pills, but not any more natural ways, sorry
Old 08-12-2006, 12:04 PM

http://www.sisterzeus.com/delayedmen.htm
There is this page. To be honest I tried it. A friend was visiting us in Hawaii. But I was also bfing and parsely is susposed to dry you up a little. So I only took one cup of tea and just hoped it would start early. I know of no way to actually delay it. Though when I am stressed, I actually start early. It looks like your kids are older, so maybe you are not bfing? I would always rather bring it early, then you don't have to wonder if it is going to fail right during the reception. I agree there are cups, but I don't know if you are like me, the bleeding is the least of my toubles sometimes. Bloated, I usually gain 5 pounds. But if you do get bloated, watermelon is in season and an absletly wonderful natural diretic, don't know if I spelled that right. Good luck
Old 08-12-2006, 12:11 PM

I have a fibroid tumor and I'm bleeding so much that lately I had to go to the emergency room for numbness on one side of my body. My bloodwork is so poor: there is little iron in my blood and....barely any blood in my veins!!!

Needless to say, having numb hands is irritating me and I can't do basic things like fix a buckle that may have shifted on my backpack, bra clasps, doing any detail work, you name it. And most of all - TYPING. You know that's gotta irk me.

I've been good about taking my iron, but I need to bleed less. Anything you can recommend to not lose so much blood? I'm not sure if and when I can have surgery anytime soon.

This will help me so much, I won't be so tired, pale, and my body won't have parts 'falling asleep' and numb
Old 08-12-2006, 12:38 PM

I found this, http://www.nutritionresearchcenter.o...28618480056241
and this http://www.sisterzeus.com/menorrhagia.htm
Between my first and secind dd, I had horrible periods, I pretty much didn't stop bleedimg. This had a lot to do with depo, I only got two shots but it took forever to get out of my system. I took vitex and evening primrose oil. Both are susposed to help you regulate your period. It did help eventually. Have you thought of going on birth control pills? I know that can help sometimes, but don't know it that would mess up with the fibroids. I have heard, though don't know how true this is, tht going vegetarian and eating seriously as much RAW foods as possible has helped some woman with heavy periods. If I could help there I would, But when I was veggie I was actually on depo, before kids, and it actually worked great for me, no periods. But I am pretty sure it had more to do with the shot than being veggie. I hope you find something. You both may also want to check the health and healing board.

User Tag List