Diva or Keeper? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 of 37 Old 11-21-2006, 12:57 PM
 
marymamma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 904
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is the difference between Diva Model #1 and Model #2?
marymamma is offline  
#32 of 37 Old 11-21-2006, 01:45 PM
 
shantimama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 10,961
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I forget which is which - it is stated on the package - but one is for women under 30 who have never given birth. The other size is for women who have either given birth or are over 30 years old.
shantimama is online now  
#33 of 37 Old 11-21-2006, 04:15 PM
 
solidcitizqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymamma View Post
What is the difference between Diva Model #1 and Model #2?
Not much. I broke the "rules" and used DD's new cup (smaller) until mine arrived. I'm over 30, and had 2 vag births, and had NO issues w/ her smaller cup on my first round w/ it. Go w/ the recommended one, just in case. I'm a kegel freak, and have done them my whole life, so maybe that's why I got away w/ the smaller one.
solidcitizqueen is offline  
#34 of 37 Old 11-21-2006, 06:07 PM
 
Barcino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love my Diva as well but have never tried the Keeper so I cannot compare.
Barcino is offline  
#35 of 37 Old 11-21-2006, 09:46 PM
 
forestrymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montana
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello ladies, are you ready for tmi? :

So...I had af about 6 months ago and ordered the diva. I used it on the last day and truly never got the hang of it. I had trouble inserting it, I could feel it the entire time, and I thought, well, I will give it another try on the next. I just got another, and have been trying the diva for 4 days, and I hate it! I can always feel it, I have to change it every 3 hours (yep, its full!) and I have the hardest time gettting it inserted. Am I just crazy or am I the only one to actually admit that it sucks? What am I doing wrong? I can hardly hold on to the thing in the position that they recommend for insertion, and then when I get it in, I can't grip it to turn it. I get blood all over my hand and have yet to not have blood get around it, although its never very much. And then, even when it is in, I can usually feel it, like its not in far enough??? I finally took it out tonight and put on a lunapad and am in heaven. I feel free. I really don't want to give this up, but I am starting to doubt it. Please, help!!!! I'm getting : from bending over trying to find the right insertion position!
forestrymom is offline  
#36 of 37 Old 11-21-2006, 10:45 PM
 
soygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Eureka, CA (missing Seattle)
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
Hello ladies, are you ready for tmi? :

So...I had af about 6 months ago and ordered the diva. I used it on the last day and truly never got the hang of it. I had trouble inserting it, I could feel it the entire time, and I thought, well, I will give it another try on the next. I just got another, and have been trying the diva for 4 days, and I hate it! I can always feel it, I have to change it every 3 hours (yep, its full!) and I have the hardest time gettting it inserted. Am I just crazy or am I the only one to actually admit that it sucks? What am I doing wrong? I can hardly hold on to the thing in the position that they recommend for insertion, and then when I get it in, I can't grip it to turn it. I get blood all over my hand and have yet to not have blood get around it, although its never very much. And then, even when it is in, I can usually feel it, like its not in far enough??? I finally took it out tonight and put on a lunapad and am in heaven. I feel free. I really don't want to give this up, but I am starting to doubt it. Please, help!!!! I'm getting : from bending over trying to find the right insertion position!
I only have one suggestion: Join the yahoo group "MoonKeeperDivas" (started and run by a MDC mama!) and/or check out the live journal group "menstrual_cups".
It sounds to me like all your problems are stemming from insertion issues which is a VERY common problem. There are several other folding methods for insertion, and once you get it inserted correctly and fully opened/sealed I'm willing to bet you're problems would disappear.
soygurl is offline  
#37 of 37 Old 11-21-2006, 11:33 PM
 
Nico DeMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicagoland area
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soygurl View Post
It sounds to me like all your problems are stemming from insertion issues which is a VERY common problem. There are several other folding methods for insertion, and once you get it inserted correctly and fully opened/sealed I'm willing to bet you're problems would disappear.

I just wanted to reiterate this...I had problems with my Diva at first because of how I was inserting it. I hate the way the brochure tells you to put it in. I smush it in half and then fold one corner down so it looks like a number seven. This worked much better for me.

Stick with it! I love my Diva but it did take a few cycles for me to get used to it.
Nico DeMouse is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off