Wash your face with honey! - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#631 of 765 Old 03-09-2008, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The best is washing with honey and then moisturizing with coconut oil. Soooo soft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#632 of 765 Old 03-12-2008, 09:12 AM

Have you guys seen this?

Quote:
Honey helps our wounds to heal in a couple of different ways. First off, it's a hygroscopic sugar, which means that it absorbs moisture from its environment. When spread over a cut or burn, honey will draw moisture from the wound. Since bacteria needs a moist environment in order to survive, this prevents new bacteria from growing.
At the same time, an enzyme in the honey creates small amounts of hydrogen peroxide where it comes into contact with the wound surface, which gets rid any existing bacteria and disinfects the area.
#633 of 765 Old 03-12-2008, 10:46 AM

Wow that is interesting. I have been using honey for awhile know. It looks like i will be buying RAw honey by the case load. I use it for my hair know, my face and know I find out it has heals cuts and burns. Who would of thunk it. Thanks for the info.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#634 of 765 Old 03-14-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
Have you guys seenthis?
Quote:
When spread over a cut or burn, honey will draw moisture from the wound.
So does that mean the honey I put on my face is drawing the water/moisture out of my skin?!
#635 of 765 Old 03-14-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
Have you guys seen this?

LOVE honey, it's been on my burn for a few weeks now. No neosporin in my house

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#636 of 765 Old 03-14-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk12 View Post
So does that mean the honey I put on my face is drawing the water/moisture out of my skin?!

I don't think so. You need to have a wound of some sort, unless of course you have one on your face Honey is also a humectant which draws moisture from the air to your skin(unless it is an open wound, open exposed flesh)

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#637 of 765 Old 03-14-2008, 11:31 PM

I tried it for a couple of weeks and I broke out a lot. Plus, my face felt greasy all day long. It was soft, but soft turned to greasy pretty quickly.
#638 of 765 Old 03-16-2008, 12:10 AM

still going strong. I also tried the shampoo balls too by the way and love them. I love honey. I am buying it in bulk from now on and baking soda. We are going to be a honey and baking soda house. I just want to thank you all. I finally have found something that works and is natural that was all I ever wanted.

#639 of 765 Old 03-16-2008, 04:55 PM

I have been using honey to wash my face for a couple of weeks now and it works really well. I wash with just plain honey and then moisturize with jojoba oil (just a drop or 2 for my whole face and neck). My skin feels happier and while I still have some breakouts I don't have any of the DEEP, hurty zits. I don't expect the breakouts to go away overnight - it seems like my skin is detoxifying, as it were, kind of getting all the gunk out. I'm going to stick with it (ha ha, sticky, get it?) and see what the result is.

I didn't have enough baking soda in the house to try the unshampooing until today, so next time I wash my hair (I really only wash it a few times per week even with regular shampoo, otherwise it gets damaged) I am going to start using baking soda and honey, then an ACV rinse. That reminds me I need to go do some diluting and mixing up the unshampoo balls (I've decided the term "no-poo" just doesn't do it for me ).
#640 of 765 Old 03-17-2008, 05:54 PM

I had the recipe for no-poo balls but was wondering if someone could post the recipe or the link for it. My hubby threw it away on accident and it is time for me to make some more thanks.

#641 of 765 Old 03-18-2008, 01:56 PM

I rub honey onto my face and then go into the steam room. The honey absorbs into your skin faster. My skin has never felt and looked better!!!
#642 of 765 Old 03-18-2008, 05:55 PM

I have been doing this for a month, for those of you who say it doesn't work for you, try using BS in the honey EVERY TIME and i always do ACV toner, then wash it off then follow with a rosehip serum and mineral makeup. I think the key with all this natural stuff is that no one routine will work for everyone, so you have to tailor it to your skin type. I think too that for many skin types, skimping on ex foliating, toning, and moisturizing dooms you. For my skin I really think that all these steps are important. I had about 20 active breakout spots on my chest from pregnancy and a month later, it is COMPLETELY cleared up with the 4 step routine, and I REALLY think that moisturizing is an important step you can't skip, or your skin will start over producing in response.

Ashley, Jesus loving mama to Jaden (8) Trace (6) and Liam (3) and fost/adopt twins Talia and Oliva (1).  Happily married for a decade! 

#643 of 765 Old 03-18-2008, 08:32 PM

I will have to try the ACV toner sometime is it just ACV or do you add anything else to it?

#644 of 765 Old 03-18-2008, 08:40 PM

ACV in distilled water, I do 75% water 25% ACV, but you can experiment with mixtures that work best for you.

Ashley, Jesus loving mama to Jaden (8) Trace (6) and Liam (3) and fost/adopt twins Talia and Oliva (1).  Happily married for a decade! 

#645 of 765 Old 03-21-2008, 03:34 AM

I've been washing with honey for a little over a week, now, and I love it! I still exfoliate, tone, and moisturize, as Clinique taught me that that really works for my skintype. LOL

I'm having so much fun with this! I just use witch hazel as my toner. And, I'm still using up my Clinique moisturizer. What are the rest of you moisturizing with? (No offense, but I don't want to read thru 32 pages.) I've thought about going back to sweet almond oil when my Clinique moisturizer is finished, but the summer's coming up and I'm not committed to the idea, yet.

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#646 of 765 Old 03-21-2008, 02:17 PM

I use a little bit of aloe vera. It helps my dry patches. Then i just rinse it off. If I want the spf protection then i will use the almay mosturizer with SPf in it. (dont know how great the natural quality is but it works) I actually wanted to try the clinique mosturizer maybe sometime i will

#647 of 765 Old 03-21-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesstutu View Post
I've been washing with honey for a little over a week, now, and I love it! I still exfoliate, tone, and moisturize, as Clinique taught me that that really works for my skintype. LOL

I'm having so much fun with this! I just use witch hazel as my toner. And, I'm still using up my Clinique moisturizer. What are the rest of you moisturizing with? (No offense, but I don't want to read thru 32 pages.) I've thought about going back to sweet almond oil when my Clinique moisturizer is finished, but the summer's coming up and I'm not committed to the idea, yet.
this is what I use to moisturize: http://www.ktnaturals.com/index.php?...173c481ac5a7b6

LOVE it. Lots of people on this thread use jojoba oil and realy like it. Here's another idea:
http://www.sheermiracle.com/mineral-...ome.php?cat=15
If you can get on a MDC coop you can by that emu oil for $12.50.
Some very dry skin types use shea butter.

#648 of 765 Old 03-21-2008, 05:24 PM

okay, i've been following this thread and now i can finally contribute!

I just started using honey last night and this morning. last night i used honey w/ bs, and this morning just straight honey, and I used diluted acv on my nose because it looked like i was getting some blackheads..

but overall i'm really impressed! usually i use cetaphil and I have to wear a ton of makeup to cover acne or scars, but the honey really seemed to even out my skin tone w/o makeup! hopefully this keeps up!
#649 of 765 Old 03-22-2008, 01:07 AM

I just started using the honey this last week and I am in love with it. My skin is healing. It is the best thing I have tried so far for my adult onset acne. I have just been moisturizing with olive oil at night and that is making my skin ridiculously soft as well.
#650 of 765 Old 03-22-2008, 03:47 PM

Thanks for the moisturizing ideas.

clothdipemomof2: The Clinique doesn't have SPF, so you may want to keep that in mind if you try it. Clinique sells SPF cream seperately and I suppose it works, but I've noticed more breakouts when I use it. I mostly just wear hats with wide brims and use the visor in the car. I have sundamage on the left side of my face from not paying attention to such things prior to a year ago.

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#651 of 765 Old 03-24-2008, 06:19 PM

yeah the Almay with SPF does the same thing it has been breaking me ut bad. I think there is actually an oil out there or something more natural that is a SPF but cant remember it at this time. I want to say it is coconut oil but correct me if I am wrong but I think that is it.

#652 of 765 Old 03-24-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemomof2boy View Post
yeah the Almay with SPF does the same thing it has been breaking me ut bad. I think there is actually an oil out there or something more natural that is a SPF but cant remember it at this time. I want to say it is coconut oil but correct me if I am wrong but I think that is it.
i just posted about this and someone recommended shea butter for a sunscreen. maybe that was it?
#653 of 765 Old 03-24-2008, 06:47 PM

yep you are right I just looked it up thanks!!

#654 of 765 Old 03-26-2008, 10:58 PM

OK I'm in.
I've been fighting for years with my overly sensitive acne prone skin. I've spent so much money on products it makes me want to cry. The only thing in years that has helped was minocycline/tetracycline antiobiotics, but that was a last resort to clear up my face for my wedding. I'm not comfortable using it long term!

So I'll start tonight on the honey. I tried a EVOO and sugar scrub for about a week and didn't really notice any big difference from my usual products. Here's hoping this is the miracle cure! I'm hoping that the antiseptic properties will mimic the antibiotic that helped.

Any special instructions? I'm using very cheap storebought honey for now, because that's what I have at home, but what is the "best" stuff I could pick up to try? I don't wear any foundation makeup, only a tiny bit of eyeshadow and mascara, I gave up trying to cover the redness years ago.

I'm not currently using a moisturizer simply because I can't find one that doesn't make my face more red. If I go a week or so with the honey not reacting, then I'm going to head to the store and try to pick up some jojoba oil, was that right?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#655 of 765 Old 03-28-2008, 02:48 AM

I use raw, unprocessed honey.
Then I use vinegar and h2o after.

I have been doing this for about a month now and my skin has less pimples, however I am seeing more blackheads!!! So I am think I need to try something different!
#656 of 765 Old 03-28-2008, 12:51 PM

Has anyone tried organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar. I have tried it this last week and it. It doesnt smell as strong as the other stuff. Also the smell doesnt last as long. I tried the toner stuff with it. Also for those that might go no poo it doesnt leave the smell in the hair either.

#657 of 765 Old 03-28-2008, 01:03 PM

I'll try honey for DH. His face is a mess.

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#658 of 765 Old 03-29-2008, 03:56 PM

I wish my hubby would try it but he thinks i am wierd oh well. he will think it is wierd when we are saving money hehehh!

#659 of 765 Old 04-02-2008, 07:05 PM

oh I am so trying this. I have tons of honey in my cupboard (raw, manuka, regular clover). I think I'll go with raw honey first. My skin is kind of rough nowadays.
#660 of 765 Old 04-06-2008, 04:34 PM

Hi,
Im 18 and headed off to college in August. This is amazing that you can use honey and asprin for acne. What is the ratio of honey to asprin? Also do you have to use asprin?........I dont have severe acne but seems like I always have a breakout. Ive been using burts bees tea tree oil. Ive also had blackheads on my nose for years, probably for 2-4 years, will this help? Also whats a good natural moisturizer from origins, I visited it in Dillards and love it. There was something that sounded like Shedon forget the rest, what was that, it smelt sooo good

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page