Wash your face with honey! - Page 25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2010, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
have found that mixing a few drops of apricot oil and
a dollop of aloe vera gel for a facial mask. leave on 10 min and face is so soomth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM

I am new here and my daughter and I use OCM and the honey facial wash. She has severe acne and has started the Ocm two weeks ago and she is getting a lot of little bumps on her forhead. Her chin gets it really bad . So we are waiting to see what happens in the next few months. she is so sick of acne.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:18 PM

From what I've heard, you need to make sure that you are using very hot water to wash off the oil, when doing OCM. Any oil left on your face can cause pores to be blocked. If you are doing that and still getting bumps and breakouts, maybe switch to just the honey wash for a couple of weeks to see if that makes a difference.

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
Old 06-17-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastica View Post
Honey is antibacterial in nature, is known for helping acne-prone skin and heal skin (acne wounds, skin burns, etc).Try adding rosewater for additional benefits and pretty smell.

For extra exfoliation, you can put oat flour or brown sugar.

You can use brown sugar by itself too. It's divine.
I am so thrilled this thread popped up - our climate is also horrible for my skin, in addition to it already being super sensitive...i am going to try this today!

madre de Mathias http://www.primaryimmune.org http://www.michaeljfox.org
Old 06-17-2010, 07:03 PM

Does honey seem to work as a spot-treatment after acne pustules have appeared? Mine are awful and honey hasn't seemed to do much. Also tried a honey/tea tree oil/aloe/vit C mix rec'd in Julie Gabriel's The Green Beauty Guide. Anybody finding honey to work for spot treatment??

Quote:
I did a search on the forum but didn't find anything, but can you use honey on babies with eczema? What about the whole botulism thing?
Strmis--did you ever try the honey on your baby for eczema? Mine has it awful on his legs and I've tried about everything. I wonder if the honey would be drying. I don't think he could get much scalier, though.
Quote:
Lindas1951 I am new here and my daughter and I use OCM and the honey facial wash.
Linda--Have you seen Julie Gabriel's Green Beauty Guide book? It has info on the OCM but also lots of alternatives for acne treatment including using milk of magnesia?? May give you additional ideas... This thread is so interesting! Trying the honey/bs on DH for acne on his head (he shaves it/is bald)...
Old 06-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Banned

Wow, thanks. I can't wait to try this!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:54 PM

Oh man! I tried honey (on my face) for the first time last night, and I have to say I'm in love! My face felt so clean without any of the dryness I got from chemical cleansers. I'm sold on honey facewash!

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

Old 06-24-2010, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm so glad this thread is still going! I gave myself a "toddler facial" yesterday... So-named b/c I usually wash my face in the shower, but DS was yelling that he needed to go potty and I forgot to wash my face in my rush to get out and help him.

I had just read the post above about OCM (sorry, no real experience with it -- my skin is very dry and it didn't work for me the first time I tried it). So I smeared on some raw coconut oil (I usually use a little for moisturizer, but needed to wash my face), massaged it in for a few minutes, then smeared on some crystallized honey as a scrub, let it sit for a little while and washed it off. OMG!!

That was yesterday. Today my skin is still ridiculously soft and smooth. I'll have to remember to do that once a week or so!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:56 PM

I stumbled upon this thread last Friday after googling about honey and oily skin.

I have an interesting skin history and currently odd skin situation: I had severe acne and severe oiliness during my teenage years, then went on Accutane for a year. After the effects of Accutane subsided, I went back to suffering from severe oiliness, but at least the acne wasn't so bad. Over time, I developed a case of OCD where I scrubbed my skin so much and often during my showers that my face developed this mirror-like shine (which persists to this day), whether oily or not. Plus, my skin feels super tight and dry to the point where I try not to make any moderate facial movements in fear of my facial skin cracking, even though after an hour or so my skin will get super oily. So it's like 3 layers of uncomfortableness: mirror-like shine on top of super oiliness on top of super tightness/dryness.

After reading a couple of pages of this thread, I decided to try using raw honey to wash my face during my showers. I used to use Equate body washes, which made my face very tight and dry, but after using honey, I am slowly abandoning the use of the aforementioned body wash. After the honey wash in the shower, I follow it up with some Cetaphil moisturizing lotion.

I have been doing this routine twice a day since Friday night, and have noticed a difference so far: my skin feels much softer, smoother, and not so tight. As for the oiliness, no noticeable change so far, but maybe it will come after a month or so, although I am not sure that honey will even control the oil production at all.

So thank you to all who kept this thread going, otherwise I wouldn't have had so many wonderful testimonials to use as motivation!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
jp647, so glad honey is working for you

I just want to mention that honey has worked wonders for my rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis. I had tried the honey a long time ago with no success. I decided to stick it out this time and add a thin layer of coconut oil after the honey. A miracle happened. After really suffering for about the last 2 years, my skin issues have cleared up!

I use raw organic honey and leave it on my face for as long as possible (I try for 1hr and do chores, etc, while it's on) I then wash it off with room temp water. Finally, I put a thin layer of organic unrefined coconut oil on. I have been doing this twice daily for a few weeks and my skin is practically back to it's old self
Old 07-21-2010, 08:25 PM

I have a homemade recipe that includes honey for facial(or other scars) can be from acne or cuts and it does make a difference. I just need to take the time for myself to stay in a routine of skin care.

Melissa mama to Zoë 7/26/03
Old 07-24-2010, 06:14 PM

I need some skin care advice!!

I have oily skin, and my skin has never been clear. I have horrible blackheads all over my face (they aren't noticeable from far away, but they are up close and it drives me nuts), and I also break out regularly. I hate acne, and I also get it on my shoulders/chest/back as well. I started using honey as a body wash and showering at night - its showing some improvement, but what do I do about the blackheads?

Should I be washing my face morning and night? Or just night? (just morning never works since my face gets gross over the course of a day and letting it sit overnight is just bad)

Advice please!!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:35 PM

oh my gosh I want to kiss the person that posted this!! I looked like I had a nasty rash all over my face, even before pregnancy it was there and just got worse once I did get pregnant. Two days in my face is almost clear. I'm so excited! I haven't had a nice un-blotchy red speckle free face since before puberty.

I guess I'm a Mom... how strange and wonderful.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:22 AM

I love using honey for face stuff but what about those that want to go fromvegetarian to vegan what would anyone recomend that is like honey would agave syrup work just as well?

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
Old 09-02-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzharmony View Post
jp647, so glad honey is working for you

I just want to mention that honey has worked wonders for my rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis. I had tried the honey a long time ago with no success. I decided to stick it out this time and add a thin layer of coconut oil after the honey. A miracle happened. After really suffering for about the last 2 years, my skin issues have cleared up!

I use raw organic honey and leave it on my face for as long as possible (I try for 1hr and do chores, etc, while it's on) I then wash it off with room temp water. Finally, I put a thin layer of organic unrefined coconut oil on. I have been doing this twice daily for a few weeks and my skin is practically back to it's old self
I hope this happens for my rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis! I would seriously be jumping for joy. What does the coconut oil do?
Old 09-02-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyra View Post
Should I be washing my face morning and night? Or just night? (just morning never works since my face gets gross over the course of a day and letting it sit overnight is just bad)

Advice please!!
I was always told to wash at night and then just run some water over your skin in the morning.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy0417 View Post
I hope this happens for my rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis! I would seriously be jumping for joy. What does the coconut oil do?
Good luck! It's still working for me My understanding is that unrefined, organic coconut oil, like honey, is antibacterial/antifungal and is moisturizing.

ETA - replaced a sad face with the appropriate, smiley one!!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzharmony View Post
Good luck! It's still working for me My understanding is that unrefined, organic coconut oil, like honey, is antibacterial/antifungal and is moisturizing.
Oooo I'm going to look for it! Thanks!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:51 AM

Honey is the best option for face wash..
Mix gram flour, curd and half lemon with honey....It is the perfect face wash. You can use it on daily basis.

For moisturizing your skin... coconut oil is the best option. It removes burn marks, if you use it daily...

Massage Lexington KY

Deep Tissue Massage Lexington KY
Old 06-11-2011, 06:57 AM

Can i put some on my hand then mix with some warm water & then massage it on for about 1 or 2 minutes then wash it off and it will still work  ?

I dont have pimples anymore but i have the few scars. Will this help. 

& does anyone have any tips on how to get mascara & eyeliner off easily without harsh products cause every produst i buy it makes my eye swell. ? 

Thanks darls xx. hug.gif

Old 06-11-2011, 08:18 AM

Interesting.... im going to give this a try.  My face is so oily by 4pm you can see the gleem from miles away...ugh.  And i get huge boils/zits on my shoulders.  They are SO painful.  I really hope this helps!

Me (35) + DH (35) + DS (06/12) + ? (08/14)
Old 07-02-2011, 07:00 PM

hey hi, Can a man also use honeyface pack? I heard that if honey touch the hair on the face , the hair start turn into white, Is this true? Waiting for ur reply

Old 08-18-2011, 09:27 AM

I won't be able to read ALL these posts. But I got the gist of it and thought I'd have my 9.5 yo try it.  She's starting some hormonal changes and her skin has gotten a wee bit oilier and she's had some bumps near her nose.  I tried it first, advised her on how to try it in the shower and left it at that. She didn't seem thrilled but the next day I looked at her face and I kid you not the bumps were gone.  Previously I only had her wash with water and a Norwex body cloth.

Maybe they would have disappeared on their own that very same day, but they've stayed cleared and I've got a nice, chemical-free option for her.  She is really happy with the results, too.  We just used fairly local honey labeled raw but not raw to my standards. 

Zia+Lane+Sonora=Mi Vida Loca! :
Old 08-20-2011, 11:12 AM

This is so funny!  My hub is a beekeeper and we have an abundance of honey so I knew that honey was used in a lot of skin care so I thought "Why not be lazy and just use honey?"....Been doing it for a whilie now and feel good about it on multiple levels....I should have known to come look here first!   :)   I was surprised at how something so normally sticky kind of turns into this yummy rich non-sticky conditioner that I barely have to wash off...it just seems to absorb well and moisturize nicely!  Fun!

Old 08-22-2011, 01:23 AM

I use honey too. I only use raw honey because it has all the useful things. My skin also love honey. :) I'm almost 40, but my skin looks like 20 y.o.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviame9 View Post

hey hi, Can a man also use honeyface pack? I heard that if honey touch the hair on the face , the hair start turn into white, Is this true?

A man can use honey. It's natural product.

I've never heard about "hair that turn into white". :)

Old 10-29-2011, 06:40 PM

Trying this now! Yummy!

treehugger.gif earth-loving, whole-foods-loving, frugal young mama to one sweet, crazy, Leo (DD1) and my new little Gemini (DD2). always aiming to love more, argue less, and keep things in perspective. 
Old 01-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Honey is an amazing natural substance and I am not surprised it works for you. I use Mama Nature's Queen B which is a natural beauty balm containing beeswax, honey royal jelly etc. I have been using it now for almost six months and my skin is the best it has ever been. It has definitely reduced the number of wrinkles and my skin is plumper and less saggy. It has also given my skin a lovely glow. I have lost count of the number of anti-wrinkle creams and serums I have tried and this is miles ahead of them all. Apparently a lot of the stars make up artists etc. have cottoned on to how good it is and it is going to be the next big thing so I'm going to buy a load in case it sells out!! If it's good enough for Keira Knightley then it's good enough for me.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:29 PM

So. I have suffered from acne for a long time. specifically the most irritating and painful is cystic acne. Is honey good for this?? any tips for me ?? I am absolutely miserable! 

thanks! 

Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 PM

I read this thread a couple of weeks ago and decided to give it a try. Mixed a dab of honey with a pinch of dried lavender and a pinch of steel cut oats....it made a wonderful scrub and I've been using it about every 3 days. So thanks!!!!

User Tag List