Wash your face with honey! - Page 26 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-28-2012, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have to sub.  See siggie.

Awesome thread.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Sooo true! I broke out bad!! All around my chin and neck! It was baaad! I found that many people use honey so i gave it a try this moning was my third wash, only i sprinkled baking soda on the honey an d it made a really soft scrub! It felt si good! Anyway by this third wash (yesterday mornong, last night and this morning wash) my face gfelt soo goid! My acne i had broke out was dried up and no longer red. And it alo doesnt hurt anymore. My face was sore from such a bad brek out! I lov this! Im on my way to pick up some raw organic honey to keep in my bathroom! And baking soda! I really like the feeling of the baking soda! Thanks for sharing a great tip and seriously i may never go bak to regular face wash again!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:26 AM

Hey, I applied the honey mixed with milk on my face and it made my face super soft!!!!! so I'd recommend you leave it on a few minutes and wash of in the shower. 

Also my skin colour looks more even!!! hope you try this mixture. 

ROTFLMAO.gif

Old 11-03-2012, 02:24 AM

its my 3rd day using honey. my face feels soft but not really that smooth . i still have pimples break out. wat to do? but i wont stop using honey^^

Old 02-02-2013, 05:17 AM

Yes honey face wash is a great thanks giving this tip its a naturally good tip.

I have one tip for acne faces.

Acne Honey Face Mask Recipe:

For an acne mask, add a few drops of lemon juice and a few drops of essential oils of tea tree (melaleuca) and/or lavender oil.  Both of these oils are antibacterial and tea tree is anti microbial wiping out acne bacteria.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
This is a great thread! Tho I don't think I'll ever make it thru the whole thing (I tried).

I like washing with honey. Been doing it for almost 2 weeks. I have to admit its a bit drying (could also just be the weather) and I haven't noticed a huge difference in my skin. I just broke out a little a couple days ago. I will say my breakouts have seemed to clear up much more quickly with honey.

I also started using coconut oil but that wasn't moisturizing enough so I bought some shea butter. Unfortunately it's not raw & I'm not sure how processed it is. It's the NOW brand.

Anyone have a good source for shea or good jojoba oil (I think I'd like to try that next)? Thanks!

Mama to my little busy bee. 

Old 03-16-2013, 10:26 PM

I have used honey to wash my face off and on for 5 years (since I read about it on here!) and it is wonderful!  I love it! 

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
MountainRoseHerbs.com is a great source of shea, t2009. smile.gif

I'm a queer, poly, pagan, (dis)abled, crazy, crunchy, intersectionally-minded feminist. fsonj & I are mamas to our unschooled/freeschooled 12yo & 3yo!  (Ask me about co-breastfeeding, supplementing at the breast, inducing lactation, eating placentas, undisturbed birth, and parenting a genderqueer child with Aspergers!)
Old 11-05-2013, 12:25 PM

I have quite sensitive skin so I have to be careful what I apply to it, I've tired lots of products, including a chemical peel but I had a reaction to it, but I also use the cupcake face mask from the body shop and it did work but your only supposed to use it once a week I think. I've heard of the honey face mask and I would love to try it but I was just wondering after you have washed off the honey would u wash it off with warm or cold water and after would you apply a moisturizer, and if so which one? smile.gif
Old 11-05-2013, 12:30 PM

Would you wash the honey off with warm or cold water and after that would u apply a moisturizer and if so which one?
Old 12-06-2013, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Wash it off with warm water; it works better.

Honey is very moisturizing, so you probably will not need additional moisturizer.  Give it a try and see.  In the driest winter weather, the lower part of my cheeks gets flaky, so I put just a tiny dab of coconut oil on my fingers and rub it in there, after washing my face.

Last month, I slipped and scraped my upper cheek on the sidewalk.  I had a scab about an inch in diameter.  I washed it with honey daily and patted coconut oil onto it afterward.  After 5 days the scab came off very smoothly and painlessly--it just sort of rinsed off with the honey--and then the area was pink for about another 5 days.  Now there is no mark at all.  I'm thrilled with how quickly and completely it healed!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Old 08-08-2014, 11:56 AM

I use honey as a scrub and mask and I love how it works on my skin. It really moisturize my skin and leave it soft and smooth. I also use honey to treat some cellulite and stretch marks it is really effective and safe.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Interesting! Anyone know if honey would be good for a teen with acne?
Old 08-21-2014, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Honey is antibacterial, so it might well help with acne.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Old 09-19-2014, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Going to try this tonight!

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

User Tag List