Mothering Forum banner

Wash your face with honey!

236K views 764 replies 289 participants last post by  grisandole 
#1 ·
It really works!

I am a massage therapist, and have been having the worst trouble with my skin. I think I get the lotion on my face somehow (by brushing my hair away, itching,, ect.) and it just makes me break out terribly. I also have really sensitive skin, so pretty much every face product makes me break out in dermatitis. Add in to that Hawaii's heat and humidity and it's just a sad, downhill slope for my skin

Well, one of the estheticians that I work with has been trying to help me find something that I can use, that won't make it worse (I work for Aveda, so we are all pretty crunchy there and well versed in natural care for the body). Anyway, she suggested I start washing my face with plain honey, since it's a natural antibiotic and moisturizer.

I tried it and it's amazing. By two washes my face has cleared up completely, and not only that - it's glowing!!! Seriously, I don't think my skin has ever looked this nice!! We are both converts now!

Just wanted to share with you all.

See less See more
#756 ·
This is a great thread! Tho I don't think I'll ever make it thru the whole thing (I tried).

I like washing with honey. Been doing it for almost 2 weeks. I have to admit its a bit drying (could also just be the weather) and I haven't noticed a huge difference in my skin. I just broke out a little a couple days ago. I will say my breakouts have seemed to clear up much more quickly with honey.

I also started using coconut oil but that wasn't moisturizing enough so I bought some shea butter. Unfortunately it's not raw & I'm not sure how processed it is. It's the NOW brand.

Anyone have a good source for shea or good jojoba oil (I think I'd like to try that next)? Thanks!

#758 ·
MountainRoseHerbs.com is a great source of shea, t2009.
smile.gif

#759 ·
I have quite sensitive skin so I have to be careful what I apply to it, I've tired lots of products, including a chemical peel but I had a reaction to it, but I also use the cupcake face mask from the body shop and it did work but your only supposed to use it once a week I think. I've heard of the honey face mask and I would love to try it but I was just wondering after you have washed off the honey would u wash it off with warm or cold water and after would you apply a moisturizer, and if so which one?
smile.gif

#761 ·
Wash it off with warm water; it works better.

Honey is very moisturizing, so you probably will not need additional moisturizer. Give it a try and see. In the driest winter weather, the lower part of my cheeks gets flaky, so I put just a tiny dab of coconut oil on my fingers and rub it in there, after washing my face.

Last month, I slipped and scraped my upper cheek on the sidewalk. I had a scab about an inch in diameter. I washed it with honey daily and patted coconut oil onto it afterward. After 5 days the scab came off very smoothly and painlessly--it just sort of rinsed off with the honey--and then the area was pink for about another 5 days. Now there is no mark at all. I'm thrilled with how quickly and completely it healed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.