Cloth pad reviews wanted - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 99 Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have some pads I love from Robin at Go with the Flo: http://gowiththeflopads.com/

Organic Velour is oh so soft. I really like the contour shape, wings and fleece backing.

I also have some of the Comfort Contour pads and liners in Bamboo Velour with wings and fleece back from Homemade Mama.

I got both through a coop and glad I picked these two mamas. Would love to get some more from both of them. The quality is great.
#92 of 99 Old 04-25-2007, 02:33 PM

I have several different brands, and lunapads are my favorite. Some of the others have a place for extra pieces underneath, which seems kind of dumb since you have to change the top piece every time that way. Lunapads has the ricrac pieces to hold the liners on top of the pad, and then you can just change the liner several times rather than the whole thing. Gladrags overnights/postpartum are my favorite for nighttime because of the large coverage area.

It's kind of a hassle having to soak them, but it's so much better for the environment and no irritation from the paper/chemicals.

FWIW, I had a gyno tell me once that a lot of women get contact dermatitis from always pads.

DD doesn't seem to thrilled with the idea of cloth pads, but I hope I can convert her when the time comes, if only for the comfort level.

8)

for intuitive readings click here :
#93 of 99 Old 05-01-2007, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, I'm glad I found this thread! I've been meaning to buy some more mama cloth, and I enjoyed reading all the reviews. I bought some mama cloth about 4 years ago, just to "try it out." I've supplemented with disposables, and have finally realized that I just don't like getting diaper rash every month from those darn Always! I just need to part with the $$$ to go cloth all the way.

I'll also add my own review: I really like my Rhythm & Blues pads. http://www.rhythmandbluespads.com/
I'm a plus-size mama, and I find they give me the best coverage of all my mama cloth. I like the two snaps - they definitely stay put. And they wash up great, even when I forget to soak them.

I'm also intrigued by the Perfect Pads. I about passed out at the price, until I realized that's for three pads. But those are super-cute. Have you found they wash well?

Nichole
wife to Sasha, mom to Marlena, nursed for 3.5 years, aunt to 3 adorable nephews
#94 of 99 Old 05-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Banned

I love the pads from the following companies:
Ama'z Padz
HagRag
Many Moons

All 3 of these pads don't leak hardly at all (unless you forget to change them, lol!). They are comfortable, come in several cute prints, and don't stain. HagRag also makes pads in several different sizes and they will even custom make one to any size you want. Also, HagRag has the cheapest pads I've ever seen online. Excellent for someone new to cloth pads!

The only 2 pads I don't like are GladRags and Moonflower pads. They leak a lot and stain horribly, despite washing them well and using Bac-Out.

Jessie
(single mommy to Emma, 3 years and Angela, 2 years)
#95 of 99 Old 05-14-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
It's kind of a hassle having to soak them, but it's so much better for the environment and no irritation from the paper/chemicals.

FWIW, I had a gyno tell me once that a lot of women get contact dermatitis from always pads.
That is interesting... I used to use Always and found I "Always" got a rash! (groan, I know!) I just ordered some from Homemade Mama and am looking forward to trying them. What is a reasonable sized stash?
#96 of 99 Old 05-21-2007, 03:29 PM

OK, I'd bet someone here can help me. I need something for very low flow. I bought some Glad Rags, but just the inserts are enough protection for me, I don't need all the bulk. However, the inserts do not stay in place. So I need something for low flow that will stay in place. Suggestions?
#97 of 99 Old 05-21-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengingophelia View Post
OK, I'd bet someone here can help me. I need something for very low flow. I bought some Glad Rags, but just the inserts are enough protection for me, I don't need all the bulk. However, the inserts do not stay in place. So I need something for low flow that will stay in place. Suggestions?
You can make your Glad Rags inserts stay in place with Moon Wraps which are made by New Moon Pads brand, http://www.newmoonpads.com/moonwraps.html

That way you can still use the inserts you know will work for you. I'd hate to suggest some other brand that just doesn't work.

Single mom of 2 boys
#98 of 99 Old 05-23-2007, 03:13 AM

Personally, I NEED to change a pad on heavy days often. I find if I do not use windpro as a backing, I will be soaked through a super pad where I will need to change underwear too in less than an hour, and that is with a fleece backing and a good quality pad, just not windpro. With windpro, I can last a lot longer so that I don't have to feel like I am changing all day long. So for me, backing is very important.

Mom to three great boys Michael (Sept/01), Carter (Nov/05) and Reid (March/10).

#99 of 99 Old 05-23-2007, 05:23 PM

Good idea about using what I have with wraps, but I only actually have one, so it's not a big waste to get something else.

I looked at all of the links and decided that the "panty protector" from Perfect Pads (this) would work best for me. Nice and small and thin, but with snaps to keep it in place. So I just ordered some.

Thanks for all of your help!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page