Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And conditioner and ACV makes it feel even coarser. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2006, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
maybe you need something with protein to refortify the strands? I work at a salon, and when people come in with really really messed up hair, the girls use this stuff on them called Keraste? Something like that. I think it's a fairly expensive treatment, but oh man it works!

This stuff is also REALLY good, and it's made with french aromatherapy (which has far higher standards than the US does) http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=4138
Old 11-12-2006, 12:38 AM

I'm in the beauty industry, and would have to ask the length of your hair, and if it's curly or straight. Is it thick or thin? What is your current hair routine, and how often? From there, between us all, someone can help get you going on the right path! There are many salon products, yes, but lots of chemicals and paying more for chemicals is sometimes unjustified. I can make salon suggestions, as well as natural suggestions (and I'm sure others have remedies to share that are natural), but not w/out knowing your hair 4-1-1 first.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:23 AM

Yeah more info would be helpful.... are you no-pooing? Are you using bs? I made the mistake of using too much bs for my hair and it became dry and almost crispy

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
Old 11-13-2006, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

I was no-pooing. But I've given up. I washed with shampoo about an hour after I posted that after BS did nothing for the texture. My hair is back to being soft and combable again.

I think I might try no-poo again sometime, with details of what I'm doing each day and daily hair pictures. I clearly need to have my hand held when it comes to no-pooing.

I daresay there's plenty I could do to make my hair *look* better, but when it comes to *feeling* good (like silk) more shampoo than recommended seems to be the way to go for me.

The wierd thing is, when I was no-pooing, my hair did look better. Not-frizzy, sleek, and so forth, but it just felt so horrible--like it does when I try using conditioner.

User Tag List