What's your FAVORITE *NATURAL* DEEP MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-16-2006, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am having the hardest time finding a good *deep moisturizing* shampoo and conditioner that is also natural. The products I have tried so far are too drying and leave my hair in a tangled mess and do not moisturize enough.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
THanks SO much!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2006, 12:43 PM

Burt's Bees has a sugar beet conditioner that is actually *too* rich for my hair. It's great for hubby's curly/frizzy hair, though.

I use the pellets and cellulose from SoapCrafters to make my own conditioner, but it's very light and more like a detangler. Perfect for my hair, but not at all suitable for the curlyboy.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:18 PM

My fave hair treatment is the no-poo. I'm having such fun experimenting w/ it, and finding NO need for "deep" anything. About once every 4 weeks, I bs/acv, then "condition" w/ honey. About every week or two, I might treat myself to "suds" and wash w/ a goat's milk bar, castile bar, or black soap, followed by the "normal" routine of............washing w/ conditioner mixed w/ brown sugar (thanks, Gina) every other day. Every day, I spray lavender water into my hair after I shower.
No-pooing made me love my hair for the first time in my life, and Spastica is THE no-poo guru and definitive answer that got me through it!
Old 11-16-2006, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidcitizqueen View Post
My fave hair treatment is the no-poo. I'm having such fun experimenting w/ it, and finding NO need for "deep" anything. About once every 4 weeks, I bs/acv, then "condition" w/ honey. About every week or two, I might treat myself to "suds" and wash w/ a goat's milk bar, castile bar, or black soap, followed by the "normal" routine of............washing w/ conditioner mixed w/ brown sugar (thanks, Gina) every other day. Every day, I spray lavender water into my hair after I shower.
No-pooing made me love my hair for the first time in my life, and Spastica is THE no-poo guru and definitive answer that got me through it!
I have experiemented with "no poo" and it is just not for me.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:22 PM

My favorite is shampoo and conditioner by Miessence. It's a little "up there" but because I run a co-op I can get it cheaper so if you are interested let me know... here is the link: http://www.chelseyhall.mionegroup.com

It's organic too!!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:56 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I use Kiss My Face Miss Treated shampoo and conditioner. It took a few washings for my hair to get used to it, but I love it now.

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
Old 11-20-2006, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

has anyone tried any of these and have a review on them:

Giovanni
Beauty Without Cruelty
Alba Botanica
Earth Science
Avalon Organics

I also REALLY need to find a GOOD detangler.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:19 PM

This winter, I've been using Mane & Tail conditioner with great results on my hair
Old 11-20-2006, 09:11 PM

I used one of the giovanni conditioners for conditioner only washing. I liked it but it was rather expensive and definitely not deep conditioning. I do however use their leave-in conditioner and like it. You might try it as a detangler.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:53 AM

Im currently using Avalon Organics Lavender shampoo and conditioner. The conditioner is pretty good...the longer you leave it in the better as well. Ofcourse, my hair is very short so I can't comment on if it leaves long locks smooth and soft.

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:04 AM

I don't like the Avalon Organics Lavender conditioner. I do like the shampoo though. I'm still looking for a natural conditioner that I like. I have an on again off again relationship with no poo.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiechild View Post
I used one of the giovanni conditioners for conditioner only washing. I liked it but it was rather expensive and definitely not deep conditioning. I do however use their leave-in conditioner and like it. You might try it as a detangler.
I think I am goin to try the leave in. Do you shampoo and condition your hair in the shower and THEN leave the leave in conditioner in? And does it work well to detangle the hair?
Old 11-22-2006, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamma Mia View Post
I don't like the Avalon Organics Lavender conditioner. I do like the shampoo though. I'm still looking for a natural conditioner that I like. I have an on again off again relationship with no poo.
I hear ya, I havent liked any natural conditioners to date either...
Old 11-22-2006, 09:03 PM

I love Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta conditioner. It is so thick and rich and totally gets rid of my tangles. I also use the shampoo. That I'm not as fond of. It doesn't lather enough and I can't get my fingers through my hair to rub my scalp. So I feel like my scalp doesn't get clean enough. And by the time I'm done washing my hair it is a tangled, knotted mess, but the conditioner fixes that right up.

Here is where you can read about it and see the ingredients list: http://www.aubrey-organics.com/produ...at=6&subcat=40

But I buy it from here. http://vitaglo.net It's a lot cheaper.

ETA They also sell the Giovanni products @ Vitaglo. That is what I was using before I started using AO. I like the G shampoo better that AO. But the AO conditioner blows all the others out of the water, IMO.

Heather, mama to          
Old 11-24-2006, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantesmama View Post
I use Kiss My Face Miss Treated shampoo and conditioner. It took a few washings for my hair to get used to it, but I love it now.
LOVE this stuff!
I also use this http://www.monave.com/index.php?p=pr...319&parent=376 on my ends. It is $$ for a small bottle, but very rich.

The only Aubrey I've tried and liked was Island something - smells like allspice and has a yellow label
Old 11-28-2006, 11:25 PM

I really like the natural Jason brand Kelp conditioner. It leaves my hair really soft and smells great.

For leave-in, I use the Giovanni brand leave-in spray conditioner. It is light, but moisterizes very well and keeps my curly corkscrews from frizzing.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

User Tag List