bikini waxing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-27-2006, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thinking about getting a bikini wax. Has anyone here ever gotten one? Did it hurt? Did you get red or rashy afterwards? How long did it last? Would you do it again?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#2 of 9 Old 11-27-2006, 01:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes I have done it,
Yes it hurts... first have your eyebrows or your legs waxed to see if you can handle it.

No rash, no bumps, no freakish looking pimples.

Lasts about 4 weeks... with some upkeep with the tweezers...

Four years ago, I did it all the time... not a full Brazilian, but a clean look. I am a bit of a furry monster, and while I love my body, and my softest hair... I don't like it showing around the swimsuit. We do a bunch of summer water sports.

So I am sure you will get the it's anti feminist speeches, but for me, I was more comfortable in my own body when I did it..

Now, I wear a larger size.. (babies you know) and we still do the wake boarding/water skiing, I just wear board shorts to cover both my hairy hooch and wiggly butt.
#3 of 9 Old 11-27-2006, 05:57 PM

I've done it and am way past due for another one. I am just not into feeling hairy. It does hurt, but very briefly - and if you get a good person doing it, they'll put some sort of lotion or soothing stuff on immediately. I didn't get any rash, though maybe others have. It lasted me maybe three weeks and then hair started growing back slowly, and seemingly finer than when I shave.
#4 of 9 Old 11-27-2006, 08:09 PM

It hurts. It's my least favorite location to get waxed. I've decided to do it year round now so that it'll hurt less. It's worth it to me in the summer with bathing suites, and in general DH likes it, though it's not a big deal. I like being hairy too but I prefer the "cared for" look. If you trim the hair short first it'll hurt less.

I agree on doing your legs first.
#5 of 9 Old 11-28-2006, 02:17 AM

I'm too scared. It sounds too painful (I found even lower leg waxing too uncomfortable to do very often). I just shave at the edges during swimsuit season.
#6 of 9 Old 11-28-2006, 03:54 AM

I've done the full brazilian and yes it does hurt! The edges I can take ( I wax my eyebrows, legs, regularly and epilate my underarms, but the line that runs down the middle (think of where both the directions of hair meet, are the most painful of all! It is just way too much pain to have that completely clean look, plus I hate the feeling of when the hair starts growing back. The panties will rub against the short hairs and will cause itching and burning. And it will be like that for days until the hairs are long enough again to lay flat instead of up, unless that is if you wax again as soon as their is more growth. I would rather do the sides and leave a little strip if I really want the clean look and trim the rest. It's just not worth it IMO to go totally bare
#7 of 9 Old 11-28-2006, 05:48 PM

I've been waxed lots of times. First time is the worst, and the bikini line itself is the least painful. Brazilian is a cusser, especially the closer you get to your clitoris where the hair is heavier. I now epilate everything (legs, pits, hoo-hah), but leave "safety patch" in a "guitar pick" shape of the cusser area of the hoo-hah. The further "south" you go, I find it less painful for some reason. I hate hair, it itches me BAD, so keeping it isn't an option. What's left behind in the safety patch is trimmed short.
#8 of 9 Old 11-29-2006, 01:36 AM

There's a method called sugaring which is slightly less painful. Especially if you have sensitive skin.

I went once to get it waxed, and once to try sugaring. And then I decided to stick to shaving. I have a low pain tolerance. I can do brows, but that's about it.

First special delivery - April 2010 :
#9 of 9 Old 11-29-2006, 01:55 AM

Personally I don't think that waxing there is all that bad. I do it to myself when I have the time (still trying to find a good wax product though ) and honestly if the skin is kept kind of tight like it needs to be when waxing it's not all that bad. Tried waxing my underarms once and *that* I will *never* do again *ever*!!! Now that is pain! Personally I've found that certain parts of my legs are more painful then the kitty area.

Oh, and for me eyebrows pull a close second to the underarm area in pain. I'll tweeze my eyebrows and shave my under arms. Everything else I would be waxing as needed if it wasn't for the three kids trying to help, that just doesn't work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page