GSE and colloidal silver to the rescue - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-30-2006, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just letting ya'll know that I used GSE and colloidal silver to remedy my son's flu or strep symptoms. 2 days, and he's w/out a fever, and can swallow easy now. I added a flu remedy from Boiron, as well as a liquid Wellness formula to keep him over the hump, but I'm so happy that this combo worked for my daughter last year, and now my son this year. My hubby says "take him to the doctor, because that homeo stuff doesn't work". I told him it's been working for years for the various things that come up, and my kids usually escape things after only 1-3 days of a fight.
Since flu season is here, thought I'd pass it along, even though it may be a suitable post for another thread.........ya'll are my peeps here!

Jeanna
#2 of 9 Old 11-30-2006, 04:13 PM

Congratulations on your success. And think of all the money you saved. Not to mention the round of antibiotics that you know the doctor would have prescribed.

I just knocked out a cold with colloidal silver and homeopathics (different ones for different stages of infection). I had the cold for 4 days instead of my usual 8-10 days. It wouldn't have taken so long to get rid of except I'm pregnant and my immune system is messed up anyway and I accidentally antidoted one remedy with echinacea tea. I forgot the tea had peppermint in it. So I assumed that the remedy didn't work when it did. It was what we came back to and really knocked the cold out in a matter of hours. That was only my second experience with a cold and homeopathics.

FWIW, I'm going to stock up on the Boiron flu stuff to have around the house just in case. It's supposed to work best within the first few hours of symptoms. That way I don't have to run to Walmart in the middle of the night when I am getting sick.
#3 of 9 Old 11-30-2006, 07:38 PM

Excuse my inexperience, what is GSE?
#4 of 9 Old 11-30-2006, 08:24 PM

veery one in my house has just had strep, dd1 and 2, but hubby was laid up really badly, in bed for 4 days, hallucinating, moaning from the pain in his head. Turns out he had a really bad case of strep, that the first round of antibiotics did not even touch.

Got to dash

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#5 of 9 Old 11-30-2006, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstinctiveMama View Post
Excuse my inexperience, what is GSE?
Grapefruitseed Extract. There's (apparently, I just learned : ) controversy on the ingredients. I think if you go back a few pages there's a thread about thrush by (Nolan'smum? I think?) where we discuss GSE if you want to learn more. Or you can google GSE and Triclosan to get the gist of it.
#6 of 9 Old 11-30-2006, 09:28 PM

I must ask the op How in the world did you get GSE down your son?

That stuff is nasty. So whats your trick

I personally treat all illness with vitamin C, as much as I can get down the sick person.

For the flu elderberry and selium
#7 of 9 Old 12-01-2006, 04:08 PM

Are any of you folks worried about turning blue? Argyria, I mean. It's a permanant condition.

It's a serious question; it happened to Stan Jones due to his use of colloidal silver.

Here's an article about it.

Finding space and peace of mind, right where you are. Knowing that the less you own, the more control you have.
Realizing that less is not more, because you don't want more. You have too much already.  Less is best!                              www.lessisbest.net
#8 of 9 Old 12-02-2006, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto l&a View Post
I must ask the op How in the world did you get GSE down your son?

That stuff is nasty. So whats your trick

I personally treat all illness with vitamin C, as much as I can get down the sick person.

For the flu elderberry and selium
I mix it in juice, and add "emergen-c" in it too. Doesn't taste a thing.
#9 of 9 Old 12-02-2006, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conteuse View Post
Are any of you folks worried about turning blue? Argyria, I mean. It's a permanant condition.

It's a serious question; it happened to Stan Jones due to his use of colloidal silver.

Here's an article about it.
Not worried at all. I have used it for a couple of years for various things (YI for daughter, and flu or strep threats), and never exceed recommended dosage. It's been very effective in my home uses, and I will continue to use it.
Hardest thing for many to realize is that RARE controversial events happen that throw red flags up (like w/ GSE, and colloidal silver.........and bleach....and on and on). My opinion on the matter is this: You only hear about things like that because they are rare. If they were common, it wouldn't be "news" (like tragedies), and products would be permanently banned. All things considered, I'll take the possible RARE side effects (w/out all the information and lifestyle and missing statistics) over chemical poisonous toxins any day. No matter what any of us choose to do, there will be risks. Some just outweigh others. I just love this list, because we're all looking out for one another, and sharing the best of what we are!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page