Lay it on me reasons to give up my Bleach! - Mothering Forums

 
Thread Tools
#1 of 4 Old 12-04-2006, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
 
mykdsmomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: On the way to or from Starbucks
Posts: 3,170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok mamas.....I REALLY want to give up my bleach. I'm a total germa-phobe I depend on my bleach to disinfect my bathroom (daily). I want to give it up completely and rely on EO's and Vinegar. I need proof that vinegar disinfects as well as bleach. I need proof that bleach is not helping to disinfect. Please convince me to toss the bleach!!!!!!

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
mykdsmomy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 4 Old 12-04-2006, 06:06 PM
 
Spastica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check these out:

What's bad about Bleach
http://www.lesstoxicguide.ca/index.asp?



About Vinegar - these are similar, but you get the point

http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/164

http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id=1318

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar

http://frugalliving.about.com/cs/tips/a/vinegar.htm
Spastica is offline  
#3 of 4 Old 12-12-2006, 03:00 AM
 
junipermuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
At the doctor's office today, the doctor told us not to use bleach for cleaning the house. She said children need some exposure to germs, dust, etc. in order to develop healthy immune systems and avoid allergies. So not only is bleach toxic, but it also gets things too clean!

Jennifer, mama to darling dancing Juliette, and sweet baby Jameson
junipermuse is online now  
#4 of 4 Old 12-12-2006, 04:18 PM
 
Marni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TOTALLY agree with Junipermuse. What is all this fear of GERMS in our culture??? I mean sure, I wash my hands VERY often, and don't like to touch the door knob when exiting a public restroom -- but in our own homes??? Come on! I have NEVER used bleach in my kitchen and I have NEVER gotten sick from a random GERM or speck of poultry contamination on my counters.

It is totally true that you are doing your immune system a DISSERVICE by killing all the germs in your envirnment, which will in turn lead to allergies AND sickness for your family.

Another reason to get rid of bleach -- IT KILLS BRAIN CELLS. Seriously, don't you feel that your head is more cloudy and headacky every time you use it? STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marni is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off