Advice for large facial pores? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-06-2006, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak -

i hate that i am becoming more vain as i am getting older but i am. :

i have very large pores in my face. anyone have any good products/treatments/advice for how to minimize how they appear?

tia-
#2 of 4 Old 12-06-2006, 04:02 PM

You can tighten your face with beaten egg whites and let it sit onto your face into a mask. Wash off as usual. Do this as a treatment.

As a toner and pore tightener, try using diluted apple cider vinegar or witch hazel (Dickenson's brand is found in most pharmacies and chain stores in the antiseptic aisle).

Do not use hydrogen peroxide - it causes free radical formation that gives you wrinkles. It looks great temporarily but isn't a long term solution.
#3 of 4 Old 12-06-2006, 05:04 PM

Cutting carbs has dramatically improved my skin. Another thing I've used with great success is a product called Pore Perfect (I think that's what it's called) It's by Derma Doctor and I got it at Sehpora - it realy works.

Also, if you do a search there was a thread titled "alternative to OCM" or something along those lines and it discussed washing your face with oat flour - this helped me TREMENDOUSLY! I followed with a mild apple cider vinegar toner (about 1/4 apple cider vinegar to 3/4 water). Weekly masks help as well - I've done both honey masks and glycolic peels (L'Oreal makes a good one) and they both help to refine pores.
#4 of 4 Old 12-07-2006, 12:44 AM

This forum saved my face. I have always used african black soap and honey off/on for years, while trying other products (including pharmaceutical grade) to try to get what's "right". By simply adding baking soda to my honey once a week as a scrub (thanks, Spastica), and adding the oat flour/cornmeal/sea salt scrub to my routine once a week, using raw honey as a mask once a week, and using jojoba oil (if super dry, I use unrefined shea over night) as a daily moisturizer, I have the tiniest pores that used to be so much larger! I can't say it's one product over another, but know that this system is really working for me and CHEEEAAAP. Black soap keeps the white heads in check, but the black heads and large pores were another issue (and sensitive skin). I only tone w/ diluted organic acv on the days that I use bs in my honey as a scrub.
Anyway, you've come to the right place for help, because MDC is my "home away from home".

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page