Remove lint from fleece? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-12-2006, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have really messed up. I just washed my husband's uniform fleece jacket and accidently put in a new diaper doubler into the wash. I was so careful about not putting anything with dog hair on it into the load, but now his DARK BLUE fleece jacket is COVERED in white lint. What can I do?! It's stuck on so much that I can only get small amounts off with a lint roller.

Please help!
#2 of 3 Old 12-12-2006, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hate it when that happens! I don't have any useful tricks, really, but I do find that re-washng the linty garment and then putting it in the dryer helps a lot. The dryer really pulls a lot off, or at least, it does when I accidentally wash a dog hair-filled something with the regular loads.
Good luck.
Katia

For greater things are yet to come...

#3 of 3 Old 12-12-2006, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I shave my fleece and sweaters with one of my razors and it gets the pills and lint off pretty easily.

We are a family of Jesus loving urban-nesters living the granola life in a not-so-crunchy city.  Our kids (DS 8, DS 7, DD 4) are home birthed and educated, and we just found out that a new Little will be added to our roost mid-April '14!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page