Extra Dry Face!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2006, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you use if you have REALLY like flaky dry skin on your face? OH and I am B-R-O-K-E, so any expensive moisturizers are OUT. Cant happen......but I am desperate for something gentle enough with no fragrance for my face that is inexpensive and wont clog pores. You would think I would know since I worked for Lancome and then MAC Cosmetics for over 7 years but hey I am an artist with bad skin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2006, 02:17 AM

Try the scrub another amazing woman posted here, which is one part of oat flour, 1/2 part sea salt, 1/2 part corn meal. Then, follow w/ honey (even as a mask for an hour). After that, you can also use straight shea (unrefined is best) on your face at night, or do a little "facial" by putting warm wet cloths on your face while the shea is on, so it soaks and absorbs. I know you said you're broke, but if it helps to know........I spent UNDER $10 for the scrub above, and have some to least me probably a year, (2 cups, 1 cup, 1 cup). You could always use smaller amounts, if you have the items available in bulk. Heck, you may try substituting the sea salt for brown sugar and give that a try! It isn't expensive at all to go natural. Heck, if you give me your address, I can send you some, because I have extra! I can even spare some shea, because a little goes a LLOOOOONNNNGGGG way.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidcitizqueen View Post
Try the scrub another amazing woman posted here, which is one part of oat flour, 1/2 part sea salt, 1/2 part corn meal. Then, follow w/ honey (even as a mask for an hour). After that, you can also use straight shea (unrefined is best) on your face at night, or do a little "facial" by putting warm wet cloths on your face while the shea is on, so it soaks and absorbs. I know you said you're broke, but if it helps to know........I spent UNDER $10 for the scrub above, and have some to least me probably a year, (2 cups, 1 cup, 1 cup). You could always use smaller amounts, if you have the items available in bulk. Heck, you may try substituting the sea salt for brown sugar and give that a try! It isn't expensive at all to go natural. Heck, if you give me your address, I can send you some, because I have extra! I can even spare some shea, because a little goes a LLOOOOONNNNGGGG way.

PM'ing you!

User Tag List