Dr.Hauschka? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2006, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I lurk on this board all the time, but no one ever mentions this brand. Is it bad? Is there something I should know? I have highly sensitive skin and right now this is the only thing that doesn't make me break out in a rash...just curious what others think/know....TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2006, 11:06 AM

I love Dr. Hauschka---I don't think there could be anything bad about it (aside from the $$$) It's all natural skincare from Germany. I have had 2 facials at Hauschka & LOVE their skin care. A little goes a long way...but it is still $$ for me. I buy it as a splurge, and otherwise I use a variety of skin products.

The quince day creme--I think it's called, smells wonderful.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:43 PM

I have heard a lot of good things about Dr. Hauschka and it is all natural---but expensive. I personally did not like it because I found the scents unappealing and the face care lotion, toner, etc was greasy.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:59 AM

I tried lots of things from the line, which I found to be a company w/ integrity. My only complaint, aside from it being too heavy/greasy for my skin (and the price) was that for all the good they put in the ingredients, why they didn't use a better oil than mineral oil in their stuff? Didn't make sense to me at all, why they would compromise such a small factor like yucky oil and throw in something better.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidcitizqueen View Post
I tried lots of things from the line, which I found to be a company w/ integrity. My only complaint, aside from it being too heavy/greasy for my skin (and the price) was that for all the good they put in the ingredients, why they didn't use a better oil than mineral oil in their stuff? Didn't make sense to me at all, why they would compromise such a small factor like yucky oil and throw in something better.
I used to be a body-care buyer for Whole Foods, and I remember the rep from Dr. H. saying that the mineral oil was different from the cheap stuff sold in the US. It is a European company, so maybe the term is used differently over there. It might be worth looking into. I do like their products, but they are very pricey.

Mother to two great kids. &
Old 12-30-2006, 02:26 AM

I have the undereye cream, and I don't know if it's doing anything, but it's light enough.

I tried the facial wash and toner, and it didn't do crap for my skin. I was better off just using honey to wash and shea butter to moisturize!

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

Old 12-31-2006, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
I used to be a body-care buyer for Whole Foods, and I remember the rep from Dr. H. saying that the mineral oil was different from the cheap stuff sold in the US. It is a European company, so maybe the term is used differently over there. It might be worth looking into. I do like their products, but they are very pricey.
Not worth looking into for me, because it sounds like "designer mineral oil" or something. Just doesn't sit well w/ me when there are so many other great oils available for use. I had a book about cosmetic and food grade ingredients, and mineral oil is petroleum derived. Period. If it's European petroleum, it's still petroleum. Yucky, and NOT for me. Having said that, I still give the company kuddos for integrity on other levels (except price point).
Old 12-31-2006, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
Sounds like just another case of European snobbery---
'European petroleum is certainly NOT like the crappy American petroleum'-----puleeez! Marketing people will say anything-----and they always think Eurotrash is better than Ameritrash----sheesh........

User Tag List