Join Date: May 2004
Location: at the clothesline
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I recommend visiting the honey thread. I started washing with honey about a week ago, and added a shea butter moisturizer a few days later. Brown sugar mixed with the honey about every fourth day to exfoliate, and my very bad acne breakout is now about 85% healed. The breakout began several months before I became pregnant, but the hormones made it worse. I'm using plain honey, cheap brown sugar, and JASON shea nut butter, because my grocery store had them.
Here's what I gleaned:
1. Wet face with a warm, rung out washcloth.
2. Apply about 1 teaspoon of honey to face and neck.
3. Let it sit for a minute or so. -- I brush my teeth while I wait.
4. Remove with warm wash cloth while gently moving fingers in circles to lightly exfoliate.
5. Apply shea butter with damp hands to damp face. Since my skin is extremely dry and I live in a desert climate, I use a pea-sized bit. You may need less.
6. Exfoliate every third day by mixing brown sugar into the honey. I'm doing this every fourth day right now.
This is my morning and night routine. This treatment has been very soothing to my sensitive skin. I feel well moisturized, but not greasy, and my skin is glowing for the first time since dd2 was born. I'm not putting tto on the spots, or masks, or any harsh or drying treatments, and my face is healing beautifully.
Good luck finding a treatment that works for your skin.