Mothering Forum banner

Good natural baby detergent?

3K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  reducereuserecycle 
#1 ·
I have been wondering... why do the "baby" detergents smell like a perfume factory?? What do you guys recommend to wash baby's clothes in that's not so full of chemicals?

#3 ·
Look for anything without the following - fragrance/perfumes, dyes, enzymes, optical brighteners. Powdered detergents tend to be stronger - and therefore possibly harsher - than liquid detergents. They also tend to have more unneccessary additives. Here is a good site for slogging through all the detergent choices - even though it is for cloth diapers, I think you can apply the same standards to baby clothes - http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.co...entchoices.htm

#8 ·
another vote for Charlies.
we use it for everything, clothing, towels, bedding, washrags, curtains, our carpet! and diapers.
we LOVE Charlies in our home.
the powder ROCKS

#9 ·
I got some samples of ecos baby from my supplier. No one else was using them, so he gave me the whole box! The only difference I saw between baby & regular was the scent...regular is kind citrus scented, baby was lavendar I think.

We jsut use what we use on everything! Natural is better than any special "baby" version of a non-natural thing!

#10 ·
We use Oasis Biocompatible Laundry Detergent for everything. It's a liquid, and we find it at our co-op. It works well, leaves no scent (it's unscented), and it's nice to our clothes (now if we could just get the sun to be nice them...). Oh, and it's safe for grey water usage!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.