I have a cavity, Now what? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-27-2007, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a cavity in my wisdom tooth. I am not going to the dentist until it gets unbearble. I am brushing my teeth everyt time I eat. And allthat. BUt I want a better for me toothepaste than my Crest. Knowing I have a cavity, what could you recommend?

intactivist.gifwinner.jpg fambedsingle2.gif  learning.gif homeschool.gif buddamomimg1.png gd.gif delayedvax.gif selectivevax.gif  supermod.gif (Yeah right)

angel3.gif loss 2/28/03           photosmile2.gif  ds 1/5/08             asl.gif dd 2/8/10

When we know better, we do better. ~Maya Angelou 

#2 of 9 Old 02-27-2007, 06:01 PM

Try to get ahold of some Thieves oil or Thieves oil toothpaste from this place
http://www.youngliving.us/US/products.asp
I don't know if you can order it directly or have to go through a distributor. I have not used it yet (just ordered some from someone I know) but I know several people (not distributors or related to the company) that have raved about it. It was just the topic of a lot of conversation on a local natural parenting board. Apparently, people have shocked their dentists w/ the results. You use the toothpaste and/ or dab on the oil to the affected tooth. Good luck!
There is also a thread somewhere in the dental forum on healing cavities w/ nutrition--good info but quite involved!
#3 of 9 Old 02-28-2007, 03:37 AM

I just found www.secretofthieves.com/thieves-toothpaste.htm.
It looks like you can order through them (they have the oil blend, in addition to several other products).
#4 of 9 Old 02-28-2007, 03:45 AM

You can't heal a cavity. It's in a tooth and teeth do not heal. I would recommend going to a dentist before it becomes unbearable. It's going to hurt a LOT more for the dentist to fiddle around with it and drill when it's a deep cavity. I would rather fix things now when (assuming) it's not very deep. Your dentist might even be able to fix it without a numbing agent. I've had some dental issues nipped in the bud early on without needing any injections.
#5 of 9 Old 02-28-2007, 04:14 AM

#6 of 9 Old 02-28-2007, 09:37 AM

Sorry, but fishface is totally wrong. Teeth absolutely have the ability to remineralize. It's a matter of nutrition, amonghst other things. I use this on my teeth and nothing else: http://www.naturaltoothsoap.com
I hope it gets better!
#7 of 9 Old 02-28-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
You can't heal a cavity. It's in a tooth and teeth do not heal. I would recommend going to a dentist before it becomes unbearable. It's going to hurt a LOT more for the dentist to fiddle around with it and drill when it's a deep cavity. I would rather fix things now when (assuming) it's not very deep. Your dentist might even be able to fix it without a numbing agent. I've had some dental issues nipped in the bud early on without needing any injections.
Totally agree. I wouldn't wait, because then it can turn into a much more serious problem and definitely a lot of money.
#8 of 9 Old 02-28-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnMama View Post
I just found www.secretofthieves.com/thieves-toothpaste.htm.
It looks like you can order through them (they have the oil blend, in addition to several other products).
That is good to know. Thanks for posting that.
#9 of 9 Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 PM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=399989

Here's a whole thread about curing cavities with nutrition. If you really want me to, I find find other proofs and testimonials of others who have remineralized their teeth to heal their cavities.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page