Sigg or Klean Kanteen? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-01-2007, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm going to be replacing all of our sippy cups and I can't decide between the Sigg bottles and the Klean Kanteen. Pros and cons please?
#2 of 3 Old 03-01-2007, 09:00 PM

DD (4yo) got the small sigg as a gift but she doesn't like the spout and won't use it. It is different from her other cups so that might be it. Does the kk have the same pop-top spout as the sigg?

treehugger.gifread.gifsewmachine.gif  Mama to joy.gif 3/03 and angel3.gif 12/06, married to jammin.gif for 18 years
#3 of 3 Old 03-01-2007, 09:07 PM

I got Klean Kanteens over Sigg bottles for a couple of reasons:

- The lids to the Klean Kanteens are interchangeable. So you can start out with the sippy lid, move up to the sport top, and finally to the regular screw-on lid. I like the screw on lid because no plastic comes in contact with the liquid, but for my younger son, that's not always practical (in the car, for example). DS6 just transitioned to using the regular lid full time. When DS4 first started preschool, I was even uncomfortable with the sports lid since he had a habit of leaving his water bottles/cups lying around, but he seemed to do fine with leaving it upright. He'd probably do fine at school with the screw top now, but I'm not sure he could open it and I like for him to be as independent as possible.

- I'm not entirely comfortable with the lining that's in the Sigg containers. They say it is food safe and non-leaching, but I don't really understand what it is. I also felt like maybe it could get scratched somehow. They say it won't and I know a lot of people are very happy with them, but I just felt more comfortable with the Klean Kanteens, which are stainless steel throughout.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page