simply affordable organic mattress? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-13-2007, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have experience with or an opinion on these mattresses: http://www.anaturalhome.com/product/D000ORGCOTMAT/

I need a twin mattress for my two year old and if not this one I will probably have to get a used conventional mattress as the next best alternative (due to price).

Also, I am the opposite of fabric savvy, so what is canvas (which is what she would be sleeping on under the sheet)? Is it cotton? Do I need to email them to determine whether it is organic or is this covered already in the description? :

Thanks for any help--I want to make sure that my daughter is safe!

Diana, homebirthing, homeschooling, homemaking wife and mother of two (plus one more coming this Spring)!
Wrap Your Baby Comfy, versatile baby carriers and lots of wrap instruction.
Preparing to move our family of five into a motorhome and live on the road fulltime at Free Range Dreams.
#2 of 7 Old 03-14-2007, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone?

Diana, homebirthing, homeschooling, homemaking wife and mother of two (plus one more coming this Spring)!
Preparing to move our family of five into a motorhome and live on the road fulltime at Free Range Dreams.
#3 of 7 Old 03-16-2007, 01:46 AM

I'm waiting to see if anyone responds too
#4 of 7 Old 03-16-2007, 04:46 AM

Have I missed something? Is it really $600 including shipping? Is that considered affordable? :

I must be really out of touch!

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

#5 of 7 Old 03-16-2007, 05:31 AM

www.lifekind.com has organic mattresses that are waaaaay cheaper than $600 They have all their mattresses onsale right now. You will have to call them for prices because they like to discuss your mattress needs to make sure you end up with the best one for your situation. I don't own one, but want one when I can afford it. Lifekind is a reputable company.

::
#6 of 7 Old 03-19-2007, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm, I got all excited and called LifeKind but they do not have anything cheaper than $600 in a twin! Their maton (half mattress, half futon) is comparable in price since their shipping is much cheaper but it doesn't beat $600 even with the sale. Unless they're giving me different prices than they're giving you : but I talked to the company's president and I feel I got accurate info!

They do look like an awesome company, and I would love to buy their mattresses . . . :

Could you have been thinking of another company? I really want to swing this mattress but even the $600 might be out of reach right now.

#7 of 7 Old 03-19-2007, 10:25 PM

Ikea makes mattresses without the harmful pbde flame retardents, though they're not organic. But they're cheaper. The king we want is 600.

Mattress questions seem to come up a lot here, but not a whole lot seems to get determined except that they're really expensive. I can't really afford organic (I mean completely organic requires a dr. note, no?) but I am trying to avoid the harmful flame retardents.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page