UK Moon Cup

Diva Cup, Keeper, Keeper Moon Cup

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2007, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How long did it take you to feel comfortable using the Diva? Or was it right away?
Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLBgal View Post
How long did it take you to feel comfortable using the Diva? Or was it right away?

Right away! I had a keeper first and could never get it to fit right--I always had leaks, even on light days, I trimed and trimed the stem until it was gone, but the Keeper still wasn't comfortable. I almost gave up on natural menstrual products but decided to give the Diva cup a go. And I LOVE it! Its like not having a period.

Marjorie
wife to my best friend, Stephen, mother to Alec 5/02, Ian 2/05 and Kathryn 9/09
Old 05-29-2007, 02:03 AM

I have a DivaCup and love it. I have not tried the others.

Ampartners.gifDF*DD7shy.gif*DD3shy.gif*Baby#3stork-suprise.gif EDD August 26, 2013

angel1.gif Feb. 28, 2004  angel1.gif Nov. 5, 2006

vbac.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gifgoorganic.jpgfly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifcd.gif

signcirc1.gif

Old 05-29-2007, 07:46 PM

Having now tried the Mooncup UK, the DivaCup and the Keeper Moon Cup- I have to say that I much prefer the Mooncup UK.

The DivaCup was nice but too long for my anatomy. I had to use a sterilized straight pin to finish poking the holes in the Keeper Moon Cup and it still tries to suction itself to my cervix. It is a softer silicone and it just doesn't "pop" open easily like the Mooncup UK.

I'm going to give the Keeper Moon Cup another chance next month but so far I much prefer the UK cup.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:38 PM

I started with a Keeper a few years ago and developed a latex allergy as a result. Even cheap bandaids give me a rash now and those old-fashioned hot water bottles make me wheeze. I was so glad to discover the DivCup when it came out, and now that I've trimmed the stem off I like it even more. I use mini pantyliners from lunapads as 'just in case' back up, but don't generally have a problem with leaks. The divacup also has a good help line and return policy so it's a safe bet for beginners
Old 06-18-2007, 12:22 AM

Here is my review which discusses several of the points mentioned. In short, I prefer the stem of the Diva cup (shorter) vs. the Keeper. Also, since latex allergies are acquired through exposure over time, I personally would opt for a silicone cup over rubber regardless of the cup "design."
Old 07-31-2007, 08:14 PM

The first cycle took some getting used to, but now I love my Diva and can't imagine going back to tampons. No more "dryness" after a period, no leaking, no odor, no sticky pads, Life with a period is just a lot easier!
PS- we went camping last weekend and AF came along for the ride, Have you ever tried to use "feminine hygiene products" out in the woods with very little privacy and worrying about wildlife? I have fallen in love with the DIVa all over again!

Mamarude
Old 07-31-2007, 10:14 PM

I like the Keeper's Moon Cup. I have the diva and the keeper moon cup. I don't like the diva because of the small stem. I have issues grabbing it and make a complete ass of myself at home when I try. I do much better with the Keeper Moon Cup.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
Old 08-08-2007, 06:00 PM

I just had my first postpartum period and I used a Diva Cup for the first time. It worked well, but I hate the stem! The instructions say that you can trim it, but can't cut it off completely. Does anyone know why I shouldn't cut it all the way off?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:19 PM

It's a warranty issue... if it works otherwise, just trim away. I've had to trim the stem completely from my cups.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma View Post
ambrose- the Keeper is natural gum rubber... I think the concern is that it's close enough to manufactured latex that those with sensitivity should avoid the natural gum rubber as well. Just to be safe, I'd go with the DivaCup or Mooncup.
Latex allergies can develop with no warning and it's suspected they've developed with increased exposure too. That's why I went with the Diva, and really silicone is sand, it's not plastic.

I had to trim my stem way, way down, I did it a little at a time until it was just right.

Frontier is carrying the diva and the mooncup now I believe.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypingMarie View Post
I just had my first postpartum period and I used a Diva Cup for the first time. It worked well, but I hate the stem! The instructions say that you can trim it, but can't cut it off completely. Does anyone know why I shouldn't cut it all the way off?
I cut my pretty much complely off. This is my 2nd day using it, I cut it off yesterday, because I had some irritation which I attributed to the stem. I never used it, I really don't see the point. It still has the ridges to grab it. I don't need the stem because I "push the cup out" like pushing out a baby until I can reach in break the suction and pull it out. When I insert it, I put it in partially until so I can feel it "pop" twist it to make sure it's open, push it with my finger until I can't reach it, then I do kegels to do the rest, and I've gotten it right every time so far(it's only been 2 days)

User Tag List