natural deoderant that works... - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-26-2008, 02:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
k so after months of trials, here's what works and what doesn't. First let me say that it seams like as far as natural deodorants, most stuff works for most people. But i, for whatever reason, am just not one of those people. So the thia crystal mist spray, a total joke for me and I tried really hard, wash with BS, then rinse with vinegar, then apply, and reapply, still it TOTALLY doesn't work for me. Then I got some funk butter and that stuff is nasty, it is not worth to be called butter and I paid more for shipping then for the product, grrrr! It didn't giv me a rash but the texture is horrid. It so gritty and grainy and sheds off on everything, yuck, I got the unscented, and I felt it worked a bit better then the crystal spray, but only by a small margin. So then I saw pit puddy and it looked great and I was going to order some, THEN I found a MDC mama who makes her own soaps, etc, and I asked her, hey, can you make me deodorant with arrowroot powder and coconut oil (ingredients from pit puddy)? She said, yes, that's exactly what I use, only I add a small amount of baking soda too, but not much since I'm sensitive to it. And i had her add TTO and Lavendar EO and let me just say this stuff ROCKS!! www.homesteadsoap.com I use generous amounts and it just rubs amazingly and it works great. Everyone now and again I still have issues with smell due to heat to sleeveless tops but that also happened with my clinical strength deodorant. So I found something that works just as good as the chemical stuff but is all natural and smells better and is cheaper, i'm very happy. So I would suggest trying the pit puddy, or support a MDC WAHM and request it from homestead soaps.

Ashley, Jesus loving mama to Jaden (8) Trace (6) and Liam (3) and fost/adopt twins Talia and Oliva (1).  Happily married for a decade! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 05:04 AM

Pit Rok works great for me and my DH...
Old 05-26-2008, 11:08 PM

Do any of these natural deodorants act like an antiperspirant as well? I am game to try some of these, but I tend to really sweat LOTS. I am afraid I would have horrible pits with just a deodorant.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:36 PM

After years of search, I've finally found my holy grail natural deoderant. It is colloidal silver in a spray bottle, just spray on and it works great. I buy a quart for $20 at my local farmers market.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiechild View Post
After years of search, I've finally found my holy grail natural deoderant. It is colloidal silver in a spray bottle, just spray on and it works great. I buy a quart for $20 at my local farmers market.
Isn't colloidal silver really bad to use on your skin on a long-term, daily basis? Something about it getting into your bloodstream and turning your skin blue (which, by the way, is not reversable)...
Old 05-29-2008, 12:05 AM

They had a man on ER that turned blue from using to much colloidal silver it was pretty funny!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BekahJ View Post
They had a man on ER that turned blue from using to much colloidal silver it was pretty funny!
That's a true story. It was a man that used it long-term on a daily basis and it really turned him blue. There is no cure, so now he has blue skin.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:39 PM

From the study I did, it appears that you would have to take LOTS of colloidal silver over a very long period of time. The very few folks who have turned blue/grey have all taken it INTERNALLY, in excessive amounts, and for a very long time.

Sprayed on skin, it is considered perfectly harmless.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:38 PM

Well, after what I've researched I've decided taken externally can do damage also. Just wantd to share with the PP. She can hear the info, research it herself, and make her own decision.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:09 PM

Pit Putty works but I'm finding it leaves a white residue on dark sleevless shirts. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:05 PM

I love the kiss my face liquid rock-lavender. The non-scented version works just as well, but I like the lavender scent--it's not overpowering at all.

I'm very picky about deods and have tried just about everything (with the exception of the "funk butter") and the liquid rock left me with no odor even after going out at lunch time for a long walk.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:24 PM

I wish I could fin dsomething too. I went back to my Clinique antipersperant :. I needed to wear a sundress for DD's birthday a couple weeks ago and i jsut couldn't take the smelly sweaty underarm chance!!

So today I started again just swabbing under my arms with a toner type thing, and while I don't normally sweat much under my arms, they will get the odor and that just doesn't work for me

User Tag List