Removing make-up - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-14-2007, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How should I wash my make-up off? I want to try washing w/ honey, but I read that won't get the make-up off. I have pretty oily, but sensitive skin with pretty bad acne. I try not to wear make-up at all, but there are times when I'm broken out really bad & I want to cover it up- but I want to make sure I get it all off after!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-14-2007, 11:11 PM

To wash off my make-up I use Frownies pH-Blanacing Complexion Wash (www.frownies.com). It's pretty pricey but a little goes a long way so it lasts for a long time. It's also natural and works great. It is a soap free fruit cider wash. It's also for hormonally stressed skin which is definately what I have! I also use Jojoba oil to remove my eye make-up. I then follow-up with either exfoliating my face with a combination of oat-bran, sea salt and oat flour or honey. For toner I use Apple Cider Vinegar. Ever since my dd was born I get pretty bad break outs and use Tea Tree Oil on those spots. It works great! HTH!
#3 of 6 Old 05-15-2007, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Do you just put the jojoba oil on cotton ball & wipe make-up off? Also do you delute the ACV? One last thing- just dab on staight TTO? Thank you!
#4 of 6 Old 05-15-2007, 02:17 PM

I use the burts bees lemon poppy wash. If that doesn't take my mascara off, some of the beeswax moisturizer will.
#5 of 6 Old 05-15-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2carterandchloe View Post
Do you just put the jojoba oil on cotton ball & wipe make-up off? Also do you delute the ACV? One last thing- just dab on staight TTO? Thank you!
Yes, I do put the jojoba oil on either a cotton ball or cotton round and then just wipe my eye. I usually only need one small drop. For the ACV toner, I use 1 part ACV to 7 parts water. I learned the combination here on MDC and those amounts work good for my skin. You may need to play around with it a little and see what works best for you. As for the TTO, yes I do use it straight. I also just dab that onto a cotton round and dab the areas that need attention. For some people using straight TTO is too harsh and they dilute with water. If you haven't used TTO before I would try diluting it with water first to make sure that it doesn't irritate or burn your skin. HTH!
#6 of 6 Old 05-15-2007, 03:14 PM

I love using TTO for small break outs of acne. I can also use it straight--but would recommend dilluting it for first timers until you are sure your skin can handle it!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page