Best re-usable water bottles? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 84 Old 06-10-2007, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgilson View Post
Has anyone tried these ss bottles by thermos? I like the idea of the straw, my ds tends to chew the plastic spout on the sigg.
http://www.thermos.com/Product_detai...&ProductID=738

Also are sigg or kk insultated ?
Neither the regular Siggs or KK bottles are insulated. However, Sigg does make some insulated bottles. You can see them on reusablebags.com. Just check out the "thermal bottles section"
#62 of 84 Old 06-12-2007, 02:37 AM

I used the reusablebags.com coupon code today and it worked! Whoo-hoo! So glad I found this thread as I was needing a sippy cup and sports caps.
#63 of 84 Old 06-13-2007, 11:57 AM

Just ordered more Sigg from SwissKnifeShop.com. Still has free shipping : , the best deal I've been able to find recently. (Although I still haven't gotten my first order yet : , hopefully I'll get it soon.) Reusablebags got me my Klean Kanteens in like 3 days or less. :
#64 of 84 Old 06-13-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Dad View Post
Just ordered more Sigg from SwissKnifeShop.com. Still has free shipping : , the best deal I've been able to find recently. (Although I still haven't gotten my first order yet : , hopefully I'll get it soon.) Reusablebags got me my Klean Kanteens in like 3 days or less. :

I was planning on ordering from SwissKnifeShop in the next few days - I'd love an update when your Sigg arrive from them!

If it turns out that SwissKnifeShop is flakey, I may try to find what I want from the seller Edward James Stores on eBay who also offers free shipping on Sigg items, but does not seem to have the variety that SwissKnifeShop has. Also, I ordered a Sigg cap from Edwards James Stores from eBay several weeks ago and it arrived quite quickly.
#65 of 84 Old 06-13-2007, 04:03 PM

Just got my first order in this morning (right after I posted ). Everything looks great -- it took 6 days from order to receipt. So my new order should get here about June 19???
#66 of 84 Old 06-13-2007, 04:49 PM

Ah - that's not so bad! Thank you for the update, Ninja_Dad!
#67 of 84 Old 06-17-2007, 09:15 AM

We really like our Enviroproducts steel bottles. A friend ordered them bulk for a bunch of people, and we paid only about $5-6 for each of them.

http://www.newwaveenviro.com/6-liter...teel-p-83.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissel View Post
I think Sigg and Klean Kanteen are widely regarded at the best, safest, most durable reusable bottles. Anything plastic is suspect.
#68 of 84 Old 06-18-2007, 10:14 AM

That sounds like a great deal! Where did you buy them from? I don't see any ordering info on the website that you linked to.
#69 of 84 Old 06-21-2007, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the coupon code! I placed my order today! The sippy cups are on sale right now too! Woo hoo!
#70 of 84 Old 06-23-2007, 09:04 AM

I love my klean kanteens!!! I was afraid of the Sigg because of the aluminum...but didn't really research them, so definately not an informed opinion on the sigg's , but the kk's have worked great here.

Michelle
#71 of 84 Old 06-23-2007, 10:24 AM

I like KK way better b/c they're easier to clean. I use a bottle brush to clean them out.
#72 of 84 Old 06-25-2007, 11:44 PM

Question about the KK sippy spout - does it have that removable valve on the inside? My Gerber sippy cup has that and it falls out constantly (DS likes to shake the cup). Please tell me the KK sippy cup doesn't have this problem...
#73 of 84 Old 06-26-2007, 09:36 AM

The KK sippy uses the Avent spouts I believe - that is what it looks like.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#74 of 84 Old 06-26-2007, 10:10 AM

Yeah I have gerber and avent sippys and the avent sippy thing is different and doesn't come off. It's not immune to leaks, but I think it's pretty good. Mine rarely does.
#75 of 84 Old 06-26-2007, 10:31 AM

damn damn damn. I just spent $160 or so at reusablebags YESTERDAY and then found this thread.... oh... now. phooey for no discount.

I got a SIGG locally and really like it. My wife ordered a fancy schmancy SIGG from reusablebags, and I got a KK because I like variety.

Does anyone know what sort of plastic the Avent sippy cup tops are made from that KK uses? I know most of Avent's bottles and whatnot are not BPA-safe.
#76 of 84 Old 06-26-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
Yeah I have gerber and avent sippys and the avent sippy thing is different and doesn't come off. It's not immune to leaks, but I think it's pretty good. Mine rarely does.
The avent sippy valve does come apart- I take mine apart to clean it
#77 of 84 Old 06-26-2007, 11:25 AM

Lol, are you my twin? I share the same feeling about SIGGS, so we went with KK sippies. OMG, I HATE it! Avent's sippy top sucks, it leaks like crazy. I called KK to complain and they acted like I was a freak, and sent me new valves, which STILL leak. They told me that by the end of the summer they are supposedly coming out with their own sippy top design.

Anyway, the KK bottle itself is great, very durable, I just hate the sippy lid, and am annoyed that I spent so much for a sippy cup that doesn't work and which I never use, b/c it is such a PITA. I do love the thermos insulated straw stainless steel containers, but the silicone straw mouthpiece breaks very easily. They also leak if accidentally tipped over. I learned this the hard way (leaked all over my purse), luckily it was just water. I'm so happy to see that they now have their own sippy cup! It's a bummer though that you can't wash their products in the DW, at least not the straw ones we have, since they are insulated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
Bummer - my HFS has enviro also but only the boring stainless steel Good score for you though!

To the OP, as much as I was drawn to the adorable colors and designs of the Sigg, I'm just not completely convinced by the company's assertions that the liner is safe. THey are just too vague and mysterious about WHAT is actually in it. Trade secret my behind - when it comes to my family's health I could care less about your trade secret - just get a patent on it already, for goodness sake and then they can make money on the imitation Siggs as well!

Anyway, we went with KK after the came out with the small "sippy" and I love the bottles and regular caps - not so much on the sippies. They partnered with Avent for the sippy spout and it leaks - as do all Avent sippies: It's not bad, though, and I've yet to find a decent sippy or straw cup that *doesn't* leak at least a bit. FWIW, I bought a BuiltNY neoprene holder for my 22oz KK to protect it from drops, protect my ha nds from the cold contents and to make it cuter Target currently has s-packs of can cozies that fit the small 12oz bottle PERFECTLY in their Dollar spot (so 2 for $1) - great deal!

Also, thermos makes a few products that are SS on the inside and in cute designs (At Target, Walmart : or online) http://www.thermos.com/product_catal...0&ViewAll=true

They also make a s/s sippy http://www.thermos.com/SubCategories...og&SubMenuID=0
#78 of 84 Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 AM

Just a quick update (in case anyone's interested).

First, let me say that I would definitely order from Swiss Knife Shop again -- I think I had a good experience with them overall, and their customer service was very friendly and prompt. (And they have free shipping!)

My only gripe is that my second order from them (see PP above) never came. After about 2 weeks, I logged into my account to see what was up, and my order showed a message that my items were on indefinite back-order. It sure would have been nice if they had emailed me about that. (What, like I'm supposed to keep track of this myself?) :

So I ordered from Reusablebags.com instead and got my Sigg stuff in just a couple of days.

But I would definitely use Swiss Knife again, just make sure to watch your account for any messages.
#79 of 84 Old 07-03-2007, 02:03 PM

I received my resusable bag sippy order the other day as well. I was so excited (they were on back order so it took a little longer but all in all I would say it was prompt shipping). I do agree with the pps though that the sippys do leak! I'm still going to have DD use them because she is older and can handle keeping it upright but I could never use it for a younger child. Hopefully the new sippy cup that KK comes out with will be great and won't leak! All in all though I prefer KK over Sigg because they are a lot easier to clean and I know that they are stainless steal and nothing else.
#80 of 84 Old 07-03-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
The co-op group on Yahoo groups is here : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nflcoops/

:
Does anyone know who runs this co-op? I tried to join the yahoo group but was denied....

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
#81 of 84 Old 07-03-2007, 06:49 PM

I think she closed the group, but you could certainly email her to ask again. The KK co-op is winding up but there might be some fills still if you are interested (I think a couple people dropped last minute).
#82 of 84 Old 07-04-2007, 02:08 AM

Has anyone tried theGuyot Designs Wide-mouth bottles from reusablebags.com? I really like the clean simple design-and the wide-mouth top too. I would love to hear if anyone has tried these.
#83 of 84 Old 07-04-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleheather79 View Post
Does anyone know who runs this co-op? I tried to join the yahoo group but was denied....
I also had tried to join this group and got a notice today saying that I was denied.
#84 of 84 Old 07-04-2007, 12:03 PM

It is closed to new members for now. I think it got a bit big and unwieldy but that may change in the future.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page