No shoes allowed in this house! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 33 Old 04-20-2002, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I frequently wear shoes in my house, but generally not the ones that I wear outside. I am most comfortable barefoot, but it is very hard on my feet. The kids and my dh always take their shoes off.

I think it is the height of rudeness to demand that someone remove their shoes. Some people just aren't comfortable doing that. Obvious hints are fine and most people get the picture. If I don't want to remove my shoes, I don't go to people's houses. Most of the time I don't have an issue doing that anymore.
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 04-20-2002, 04:57 AM
Len

It's a very common practice here too, so as to make you think what socks to wear (no holes ), in case you visit someone else's house. And service people (plumbers, cable, etc.) won't hesitate to leave their boots outside as well.
#33 of 33 Old 04-21-2002, 08:06 PM

I was born in Japan, so growing up we always took our shoes off in the house and did the whole slipper thing. Now as an adult my mom requires the family to wear socks in the house because the oils from your feet can stain the carpet. I can not wear most socks, I have very dry skin and socks bug me. Plus I love being barefoot, even outside. Must I always wash them before bed. We bought a home a few years ago that is from 1940's, the wood floors have not been refinshed in a long time. So the floor always feels dirty to me . I could sweep it 3 times a day and still have that dirty feeling. I usually wear sandals in the house. But am now wondering if the floor would feel cleaner if we all changed into house slippers ?? Any suggestions?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page