*Most* bacteria can't grow in honey because of it's low water activity. Bacteria that drop into honey give up their water and die. Also, there's a hydrogen peroxide effect with honey that's not bacteria friendly.
That said, a few things can survive in honey. For example, dormant botulinum endospores. Normal, adult stomach acids take care of those endospores. But, children not yet on solid food don't have enough stomach acid and ingestion of the endospores can lead to botulism.
I would toss what you are using now, if you've possibly transferred contamination from you to the honey - just to be on the safe side. And, if you have concerns, you can buy a pasturized honey - though, even pasturization won't kill boltulim. There is a difference between honeys too - some are more antibacterial than others, depending on what the bees were eating. But, all-in-all, it is not likely the honey caused your infection.