Bikini line - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-30-2007, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anybody here shave their bikini line? Do you get ingrown hairs if you shave and do you have to keep shaving for the rest of your life (I have heard it is intensely itchy when growing back!)
With Love xxxxx

Amanda treehugger.gif , UK Mum, married to airline pilot Davesurf.gif . Mum to Emily blahblah.gif (20), Jasmine  dust.gif(11) and Theo fencing.gif(7):

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2007, 07:21 PM

I shave my bikini line! It does get prickly, I rarely get ingrown hairs, and you don't have to do it forever, if you don't want to.

I usually do mine when I shave my legs. I just do a swipe with the razor on one side of the crease where your leg meets, then a swipe on the other.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:40 PM

Personally, I don't recommend shaving your bikini line. If you want to wear a skimpy bikini opt, for waxing by a salon. If you don't want to keep the bikini area tidy, consider buying a "boy short" swimsuit. Cover up. There's nothing worse than seeing a woman on the beach with a stubbly black shadow around the crotch area. GRRRR-OSS.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:03 PM

shave WITH the direction of the hair growth-not against the direction of hairgrowth. this is supposed to prevent ingrown hair. you do not have to do it the rest of your life.

::
Old 07-30-2007, 10:17 PM

I just did a waxing for the first time ever a few weeks ago. I've had 3 ingrown hairs, which were easy enough to fix and the regrowth is a teensy bit itchy here and there, but not nearly as bad as the 1 time I shaved.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
Old 07-30-2007, 10:28 PM

I have shaved mine for years. I used to get those awful bumps all the time and then I read in some teen magazine that you could cure it by rubbing a stick of deodorant over the rash. Well, I did this, and after a couple of weeks- it was gone. I keep up with it by shaving at least every 2-3 days - more than that = bumps. If I do a quick shave every day, I NEVER have problems. Now, this may become harder as my belly grows! But, for the last several years, works like a charm!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:35 PM

Wanna hear a funny story? A few years ago, I went to go get my bikini lines waxed for the first time. So there I am and she waxed the first half and it hurt so bad it sent me flying off the table! I grabbed my clothes and started to dress myself. The lady asked what I was doing and I said we were done! She said "but I've only done one half" and I said "then you can charge me half price"!

Needless to say, I came home to my then boyfriend and said "I have something to show you" NEVER AGAIN!!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 PM

When I went, she said she started slowly on the edges and moved in and from side to side, so that exact same thing could be avoided.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
Old 07-30-2007, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I shave everything down there but a patch. I get occasional ingrown hairs and it gets a tad bit itchy a few days later. I can't stand hair down there so all this is worth it to me. I can't wait to get laser hair removal. Not exactly natural, but did I mention I HATE having hair down there?

: Robyn : Increasingly crunchy Mama to Kya (8) , Makena (7) , and Keegan (4) :
Old 07-30-2007, 11:44 PM

yes! i have since i started growing pubic hair! i shave almost all of it..just leave a little line.
I wish i could get laser also!

this stuff is great .. i put it on after shaving & dont have bumps!

User Tag List