I need mascara that washes off w/soap & water! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 09-18-2007, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any recommendations for a mascara that washes off easily with soap & water? I'm sick of using eye makeup remover & still not getting it all off. Decent staying power is a plus...I don't want something that flakes off during the day. Almay used to make a great one called something "natural" but I haven't seen it for a year or two. Help!!!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 09-18-2007, 09:40 PM

(when i use mascara, which isn't often), i use this great stuff from japan called KISS. it creates little 'tubes' around your eyelashes to make them longer and thicker, and they don't come off until you wet them and then press lightly on them and they 'slide' off. it does not flake at all, which is especially important for me since i have very sensitive/allergic eyes and i've never had a problem with this brand. it's a little pricey and i have to go to a specialty makeup shop to get it, but it's well worth it.

at me giving makeup advice...i am as au natural as you get!
#3 of 22 Old 09-18-2007, 10:03 PM

Baby oil will take it off! you'll be so surprised how well it works.
#4 of 22 Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 PM

I use Maybelline in the pink bottle with the green lid. I have contacts. I don't wear it often, though.

It does smear a bit...I always look like a raccoon.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#5 of 22 Old 09-18-2007, 10:15 PM

2nd the Blinc KISS, It is the only thing I use. It comes off with water and slight pressure. Stays on FOREVER!!! I can sleep in it an wakeup looking semi-good. I get it at Sephora.
#6 of 22 Old 09-18-2007, 10:20 PM

i use l'oreal lash out. never smudges (unless i really work at it) or flakes and always washes away when i wash my face. i like it because it doesn't clump!

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#7 of 22 Old 09-18-2007, 10:20 PM

I use MAC Splashproof Lash & I love, love, love it. It takes a good scrubbing to get it off but it's worth it because it's so great!

http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...CT_ID=PROD1629
#8 of 22 Old 09-18-2007, 10:37 PM

Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara. Stays put, washes off easily with soap and water. Love it.
#9 of 22 Old 09-18-2007, 10:44 PM

Neutrogena in the black container. It's "waterproof," but I can get it off with just water and some rubbing in the shower.
#10 of 22 Old 09-18-2007, 10:51 PM

I use the neutrogena lash tint, it isn't really mascara, but in the texas heat I've never had it smear and it washes off really easily. also use clinique mascaras because they're the only ones I've found that don't burn my eyes and wash off really easily. maybelline nonwaterproof smears like the dickens, and the waterproof one sets my eyes on fire.
#11 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 AM

Cover Girl Professional Remarkable Washable Waterproof Mascara

you can get it anywhere and it's awesome.

6/9/2005 6/30/2007 10/17/2009 (Ebstein's Anomaly)
#12 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 AM

I must use the cheap stuff, I don't think I've ever had to use makeup remover... I don't wear it often, but when I do it always comes off with just water (I don't use soap on my face too much)

I think right now I have something from Avon and it washes off just fine with water and a washcloth for me.
#13 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 12:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i use cover girl cheap stuff in the blue bottle

just make sure whatever brand you get...it DOESNT say "waterproof" on it
#14 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 12:09 AM

I know what you mean, I HATE having to scrub or use eye make-up remover. I use Clinique naturally glossy mascara in black, just their regular mascara in the thinnish silver tube. It goes on great, stays on, no clumping, and washes off easily with water and my cetaphill. I highly recommend it. I am not a clinique fan overall, but this mascara is the absolute best.
#15 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
I use the neutrogena lash tint, it isn't really mascara, but in the texas heat I've never had it smear and it washes off really easily.
I have to second the Neutrogena lash tint. Skinny little tube but it lasts a while. Oh, and you can put on more than one coat to make it look a bit darker if you want. I found it about a year ago and I love the stuff. Never ever clumpy and doesn't smear or flake. It washes off easily with my face wash at night. I too hate using remover or oil. I hate the feel of oily stuff on my lashes!

Me , 36 year old RN and future AP mom in training . I am wife to one wonderful husband and "mom" to one great rescue pup :.
#16 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 01:56 AM

Yet another vote for the lash tint by Neutrogena - everything else I've tried is clumpy and nasty and I've had allergic reactions to many of them as well. This stuff doesn't bother me one bit and it doesn't clump or flake either.
#17 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 01:59 AM

I use Almay ~ both their waterproof, and their "normal" (whatever it's called, I don't remember) ~ both, come in white bottles with silver lettering. The waterproof one is just a longer bottle (the non-waterproof one is short and fat). They're both excellent and wash off with soap and water, and don't smear (unless you cry ).

I don't particularly like any of the neutrogena cosmetics ~ they all make me break out and get itchy, the ones I don't have flat out allergic reactions to, I tend to break out in tiny pimples, their eye makeup leaves my eyes red and swollen, and for all that, it doesn't look that great and it's too expensive. Just my input since so many others here are saying they like it.... it's not been my experience.
#18 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 02:00 AM

I use olive oil to remove my eye makeup.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#19 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidspiration View Post
(when i use mascara, which isn't often), i use this great stuff from japan called KISS. it creates little 'tubes' around your eyelashes to make them longer and thicker, and they don't come off until you wet them and then press lightly on them and they 'slide' off. it does not flake at all, which is especially important for me since i have very sensitive/allergic eyes and i've never had a problem with this brand. it's a little pricey and i have to go to a specialty makeup shop to get it, but it's well worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnaL1209 View Post
2nd the Blinc KISS, It is the only thing I use. It comes off with water and slight pressure. Stays on FOREVER!!! I can sleep in it an wakeup looking semi-good. I get it at Sephora.
I 3rd Kiss Me mascara. Great stuff. Doesn't come off if you're in the swimming pool, lake, etc. But super easy to rub off with light pressure. Easiest mascara removal I've ever had (even easier than ones that come off with soap and water because they usually end up in my eyes and sting! plus the racoon eyes while I'm washing!).

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle
#20 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 03:36 AM

bare minerals mascara and benefit mascara both wash off.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#21 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 03:45 AM

I fourth the kiss me mascara.
#22 of 22 Old 09-19-2007, 03:56 AM

I'm always trying different mascaras, and as long as it says it's washable, it washes right off, IME.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page