Breaking Out Like CRAZY! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2007, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've never had more than maybe two pimples at a time and now just within the past week I've broken out like crazy! I take an aerobics class and sweat like crazy, so I had a little patch of pimples on my forhead. I've been cleaning them a lot and now it seems the more I clean, the more pimples I get. Just in the past week they've sprouted up on either side of my nose, on my chin, and all around my mouth. I look disgusting...like I have chicken pox! I've cleaned with water, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, water and shea butter soap, baking soda, and honey with baking soda. Nothing is working! : I've cut back a LOT on peanut butter because of the oils and I eat mostly fresh, local food, so I'm not eating any overly salty or greasy foods. *sigh* Is there anything else I can do?!

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 04:21 PM

your first mistake is cleaning with such a variety of irritating substances. I'd stick with a mild cleanser, and give it a chance to work. even though those pimples may seem like they popped up over night, it took a while for them to form. they aren't just going to disappear within a week.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

Old 10-10-2007, 04:43 PM

Stop putting that godawful stuff on your skin!!! Hydrogen peroxide?!? : And FWIW, honey makes me break out. I tried it for 2 months, so I know it wasn't a detox. It could be a hormonal swing. The main thing that works for me is regular use of beta-hydroxy acid twice a day. That clears out any blockages and prevents 90% of the breakouts I otherwise would have had.

Oh, I had an esthetician tell me once that toothpaste contains an ingredient that can cause oral-area breakouts. Have you recently changed your toothpaste? That's where the bulk of my breakouts occur, and I'm now trying to wash my face after brushing my teeth.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

I'm using the same toothpaste as I always have.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:09 PM

Drink a ton of water. Stop cleaning your face. A dab of Neutrogena's On the Spot cream always works for me.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

Old 10-10-2007, 05:35 PM

Stick to a simple and gentle cleansing regimen like other people posted. More than likely, you're exercising and the combination of sweat and dirt and oil is blocking your pores.

If you're wearing makeup to workout, then quit wearing makeup, just wear some lipgloss or lipstick and that's it.

Exfoliate gently so that your skin isn't blocking the pores with dead cells. Baking soda is good, but since it seems you've been a bit um..overzealous with it, try brown sugar or even a nice nubbly washcloth. Don't scrub too hard.

Also, warm or hot water makes people break out more, try washing your face with warm to cool water and rinsing with cool water.

Once you work out, try to at least rinse your face immediately afterward.

If you think your liver is getting a good workout and this may be a form of toxins coming out, try some milk thistle and B-complex to help clean your liver out and help clear up your skin.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Spastica! I've been using hot water every time I wash. I will try cold water later this evening.

User Tag List