Mould - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-31-2003, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we have a problem with mould in our rented house seems to be since they did up the bathroom , kitchen and laundry...the worst room with the mould is the one me and my baby sleep in my mum keeps saying that it is bad for his health...is this true? i have rang the place we are renting from a few times the first time was about 3 months ago and still waiting
#2 of 3 Old 07-31-2003, 10:01 PM

Hi Tina,

Welcome to the boards!! It's nice to see another Australian on the boards (even though I am a kiwi! ) We're in America now but we used to live in Melbourne until a few years ago - what state are you in?

I'm not an expert on mould but I know that some moulds can be very bad for you and especially bad for little babies.

Your landlord or rental agent should definitely have done something about it by now. Since they're not responding to your phonecalls I think you should get in touch with a tenancy advocacy service who can help you get it sorted out.

Here's a link to a list of the different agencies in Australia (organized by state):
http://www.taswa.org/advice/outsidewa.htm

I'm sure if you contact the relevant organization they can give you some good advice. I would take photos of the mould too and maybe write a letter to your landlord and enclose copies of the photos so you have proof that they're aware of the problem.

Good luck!
#3 of 3 Old 08-17-2003, 11:33 PM

Black mold is toxic!
If you have a local health department, I'd be calling them.
Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page