Moldy Honey - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
 
GenB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wash my face with honey and keep some in my shower stall. Now (not surprisingly) there's mold in the container. Can I still use this on my face? I don't want to get sme funky skin eating disease because I used honey wiht mold. Ideas?????
GenB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 PM
 
JamieCatheryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SW Pa
Posts: 5,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Can you scoop out most of the mold? If you heat honey to 170F for 5 minutes or 140F for 25 mins it'll kill microorganisms off if you want to be sure. I doubt the mold in there is that dangerous just to have on your skin, but still icky.
JamieCatheryn is online now  
Old 11-03-2007, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter
 
GenB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Didn't think about that! Thanks! I can heat the honey and run the container thru the dw!!
GenB is offline  
Old 11-03-2007, 08:36 PM
 
Spastica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honey shouldn't mold, but perhaps you got some shower water in it or you stuck your fingers in the jar. That's a perfect way to introduce bacteria.
Spastica is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off