Alternative to a glycolic acid moisturizer? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-05-2007, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been using Glytone's Daily Cream SPF 15 (8% glycolic acid) for a while now. It did amazing things to my skin, as well as my moms.
Now I'm looking for an alternative with less chemicals. I've been washing my face with honey, sometimes mixing with brown sugar for a scrub, toning with diluted ACV, and following up with coconut oil...and i'm not happy with the results.
I have very dry, sensitive, delicate skin and although the Glytone stings when i put it on, it makes my skin look great. Now I'm thinking that if it stings, I probably shouldn't be using it! :

Any suggestions for a moisturizer that can help? I know Beauty without Cruelty has an acid moisturizer, but I was hoping to find something I could make myself. Between the no-poo and the body care, I'm having so much fun making things in my bathroom!

TIA :
#2 of 3 Old 11-05-2007, 01:13 PM

Don't dilute your ACV so much, or you can make your own facial night serum by mixing ACV and a little bit of extra virgin olive oil (or any other carrier oil, like jojoba or apricot seed oil, etc).

Brown sugar has glycolic acid. If you want to scrub your face with that and leave it on your face for a little bit, that helps. Rinse off well and moisturize.

Don't go out in the sun with anything acidic on your face, it will ruin your skin since your skin gets more sun damage. Do acidic treatments for nighttime only.
#3 of 3 Old 11-05-2007, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

I had been using straight ACV as a toner at first, but I found it too drying. Thanks for the tip...i'm going to try ACV in oil as a night serum and see how that works!
:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page