hey all you cloth pad users...."natural" menstruation and such... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-27-2007, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In keeping being "natural" with using cloth pads and such (I use just pads on my light days and add a Diva cup to the mix when things get more serious ) I am wondering if we could all share how we "embrace" our cycles in a natural way, make ourselves feel special/pampered, encorporate the spiritual or ritual in our moon time, etc. Also, share website links if you have them. After all this is a natural body care forum!!

I will start. I started using cloth pads around 5 years ago while cloth diapering my first baby. Love em! I am having my period currently and it is nice to use cloth pads and the cup and know I am being good to the environment, and won't run out of supplies. As for a treat for me, I tend to have epsom salt/essential oil baths on the day or two I have mild cramping, and drink raspberry leaf/chamonmile tea. I always feel very introspective this time of the month and try to make a point of getting a little more alone time. I am trying homeopathy (actaea racemosa) and swear it is making a difference in my cramps (being more embracing of my cycle helps too I think). I also want to try a castor oil poulitce like Christiane Northrup MD talks about in her books but neglected to get some soon enough for this month.

I haven't gone so far as watering my plants with my soaking water, but hey there's always my new garden next year! : Anyone also know of some good ideas to connect with the "spiritual side" of our periods, or some rituals, things like lunar calenders, special objects, sort of a "shrine" that you keep, etc.??

I must say I am paying more attention to this lately as my cycles are getting way out of wack, more irregular, a bit heavier some months, or closer together (only 20 days since my last period, normally for me for YEARS it has been 26 days on the dot!) and I am wondering if I am slowly starting to go into sort of a peri-menopause (I am 37) Sort of makes me sad, and I want to actually treasure what I have left of this unique part of being a woman.

Tina, RN, wife-y to J, mom to dd (10) and ds (7)
"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you suck forever!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 11-27-2007, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I LOVE this book on the topic. I got it for my sister on her 14th birthday, and she loves it (I do, too!).

http://www.amazon.com/Ways-Celebrate...6207900&sr=8-1

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page