teflon-free indoor grill - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-02-2007, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey ladies....i hope this is the right place to ask this.....my parents have a hamilton beach indoor grill (george foreman knockoff) that is teflon coated and chipping horribly. they are trying to be healthier and get rid of teflon but that one kitchen appliance is their MUST HAVE. so we are looking for one that the GRILL part of it is made of stainless steel. anyone have any ideas if they even make them like that? i cant seem to find anything on google. im thinking of just getting them a cast iron griddle to use on the stove but they have electric and i dont think it would work the way they want it too...(love mine on my gas stove though). they like the quickness of the top and bottom grill and things cooking in 7 minutes.
thanks for any help.....
michelle
#2 of 3 Old 12-02-2007, 02:38 PM

Someone posted about this a few weeks back and I'm pretty sure that the only non-Teflon alternative was a flat on the stove cast iron option, or there may have been a camping cast iron version for over the stove, but nothing in the George Foreman style, unfortunately.
#3 of 3 Old 12-02-2007, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

thats what i was afraid of.....maybe we can invent one and make lots of money . ill take my dad to the store and show him the cast iron ones. ive got one and really like it but i mostly use the flat griddle side for making pancakes and stuff. havent flipped it over yet.
thanks again

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page