Undereye creping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-15-2007, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think they're wrinkles per se, but I look tired and there are tiny lines/creases underneath my eyes on the lower eyelid.

How do I get rid of them? I'm under a lot of stress and can't sleep well, but is there a way to mechanically smooth them out a bit or make them less noticeable? I'm not that old either

I moisturize and use sunscreen on my face. I notice them more this year since I've had a horrible year and I've lost weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 03:11 AM

I saw that nobody had responded. So sorry about your partner.

I know my mom has this (she is not that old, but she's not young) and she's tried a lot of different things. If you are looking for something natural, I can't help, except to say that I use nut butter on my face every morning and night (and I do have combination skin, but if I'm consistent and it's clean when I put it on there, I don't get zits) and that does even out wrinkles and plump up skin. I don't know if it will work for crepiness.

Put the oil on when skin is moist and it should be an oil that absorbs "neat" if it's a massage oil. I like Kukui Nut Oil.

Other than that, yeah, sleep. Maybe someone here knows some natural sleep aids?
I *do* know that skin can heal so it does not have to be a permanent change in your skin, so don't worry about that. When the grieving runs its course and you are able to get more sleep, your eyes can also return to normal, or at least improve.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
Old 12-17-2007, 03:28 PM

Drink tons of water! I had that "crepey" look too under my eyes and was starting to look really tired because of them. Then I realized, since I switched buildings at work, I don't have my bottled water as handy and I've been drinking far, far less. I've since consciously started drinking more H20 and I look so much better....those little dry lines are pretty much gone, or greatly diminished.

Try that first before anything cosmetic.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:38 PM

In relation to Mahtob's question on natural sleep aids, I've used Valerian root in the past. It can be taken in a pill form or as a tea, hope this helps. I noticed that shadows and lines appear under my eye if my diet and sleep patterns are off.
My condolences concerning your partner
Old 12-30-2007, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I knew about the water thing, you're right - not drinking enough. I'll try the valerian root for sleeping - I'm starting to get post traumatic stress again and getting stressful, crazy dreams, I never feel rested despite any sleep I get.

Thanks again.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:18 PM

I'm so sorry about your partner!

Have you tried Shea Butter? It seems to work for me. Also, I've used Emu Oil for psoriasis and started putting it under my eyes. It makes things a bit shiny, but it feels so good. If you're not into the shininess, you could try using it at night.

User Tag List