Do you think I need a moisturizer in addition to Jojoba and shea? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2008, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been using jojoba oil daily and have had good results with it. Because it's oily, I mostly just use it at night. I've tried rosehip oil and coconut oil as well, but I think it caused me to break out so I stopped with it.

Do you think I need another moisturizer besides just some of these basic ingredients? Any good brand recommendations? Sometimes I just slather my avalon organics body lotion on, but I don't know if it's non-comedogenic or not. I have always had combination skin prone to light breakouts, but am in my 30s now and think my skin is a little drier.

tia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2008, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like your skin is a lot like mine. If you have found something simple and effective, go with it! Complex ingredients don't always = better product, sure there are a lot of choices out there but if your skin does well with good basic oils, that's great. The most complicated thing I use on a regular basis is body butter with unrefined shea, coconut oil and ricebran oil. Ran out of that and have been using pure evoo after my shower. That reminds me, I was going to bottle some up in a lotion bottle with a few drops of eo... where's the 'mad scientist' smilie?

User Tag List