Frontier favorites!! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 164 Old 06-20-2008, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SunRayeMomi - Thank you so much for the reviews... so helpful when the catalog is so overwhelming.
Ditto on the Aura Cacia stuff...
#152 of 164 Old 06-21-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyhos View Post
This isn't really Frontier related....but on the Annie's mac and cheese. COSTCO! I bought one 12 oz. box at my local grocery it was $3.65. Yesterday, at Costco, they had boxes with 5 - 12 oz. servings for $8.49. Good grief. The savings is enormous. So I bought 2 boxes. My boys love mac and cheese.

I hate Wal- Mart too.

We used to buy this at Costco too, but the Annie's orange cheese seriously stains the kids' clothes. I cannot get it out with anything. So I'm using it up on days when they're both wearing dark shirts, and I'm not buying it anymore. Now I usually get white cheese mac n cheese at Trader Joe's or else the Frontier cheese powder mentioned above. My neighbor has had the same experience with the Annie's... she buys her girls all that cute Gymboree clothing and several outfits were stained before she clued in.
#153 of 164 Old 07-07-2008, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmansions View Post
We used to buy this at Costco too, but the Annie's orange cheese seriously stains the kids' clothes. I cannot get it out with anything. So I'm using it up on days when they're both wearing dark shirts, and I'm not buying it anymore. Now I usually get white cheese mac n cheese at Trader Joe's or else the Frontier cheese powder mentioned above. My neighbor has had the same experience with the Annie's... she buys her girls all that cute Gymboree clothing and several outfits were stained before she clued in.
Annies makes a couple varieties with white cheese. They are very yummy, and have some cute shapes too! They even have the single packs, the ones you microwave. I get ours at walmart or stop+shop. And walmart's not my favorite place to shop by any means, but if I have to go there, I get the Annies whether I need it or not!
#154 of 164 Old 07-07-2008, 09:44 AM

Target, Harris Teeter, Low'es Foods and Food Lion all carry Annies here, too.
(walmart which I hate but have to go t sometimes due to budget, even carries Annie's cereal)

If you can get to a Whole Foods or Earth Fare and get your hands on the Mambo Sprouts coupon books, there was an Annies coupon in there, too.

Becca ~Mama to 3 (DD - 1/3/02) (DD - 2/16/04) (DS - 8/11/05)
#155 of 164 Old 07-07-2008, 09:45 AM

SunRaye - your post was AWESOME... thank you so much!!! I'm adding a few of those items to my list... and I'm looking forward to trying the bronner's on my wood surfaces.

#156 of 164 Old 07-07-2008, 01:37 PM

Does anyone have a review or suggestion for dishwashing detergent and laundry detergent? I was thinking of getting some of the Ecover dishwasher soap.
#157 of 164 Old 07-07-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadas33 View Post
Does anyone have a review or suggestion for dishwashing detergent and laundry detergent? I was thinking of getting some of the Ecover dishwasher soap.
The Ecover dishwasher tabs work great. The Ecover powder does too, it's just messier, for me anyways. I'm usually starting the dishwasher before we head to bed, so consequently, tired...and I can't ever pour out the right amount. I'm either pouring out too much, or getting it in the wrong little compartment. So the tabs work much better for me.
#158 of 164 Old 07-07-2008, 01:57 PM

I'm a Seventh Generation fan, but I'm going to try the ecover tabs next, cause I really prefer tabs for convinence's sake.

#159 of 164 Old 08-10-2008, 12:52 PM

220034 Nutiva HempShakes Organic Protein Superfood Drink Mix - Berry Pomegranate 16 oz. 13.35
I've been putting a tablespoon in my coffee to make my coffee more meaningful :snicker: I've made some good smoothies with this too!

217135 Gaia Herbs Supreme Extract Echinacea, Goldenseal & Propolis Throat Spray 1 fl. oz. (with Dropper) 7.8
Haven't had to use this yet but I'm hoping it helps with sore throats raying:

221480 Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps Rose Liquid Soaps 2 fl. oz. trial size 1.49
smells good!

216586 Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps Baby-Mild, Unscented Liquid Soaps 32 fl oz 8.69
I've been using this to make my own house cleaning products and handpump soaps sup

22031 Frontier Garam Masala CERTIFIED ORGANIC 1.51 oz pouch 2.39
Haven't used it yet, smells great though!

18488 Frontier Curry Powder CERTIFIED ORGANIC Seasoning Blend 3.36
gotta have curry on hand, I love curry!

18535 Simply Organic, Fajita, Seasoning Mix, CERTIFIED ORGANIC 0.99
I love putting this in my black beans and corn recipe.

216639 Honeybee Gardens Lip Care Strawberry Champagne Lip Balm 1 $1.75
The taste is divine, it reminds me of when I used to practically eat lipsmackers as a kid, this may be an addicting lipgloss :nana

220363 Honeybee Gardens Natural Cosmetics Celtic, Pale Antique Green Shimmer PowderColors Stackable Mineral 3.52
I bought this for Raye but it looks great on me too because my eyes are green. I may get myself a purple shade which always looks good on me. I don't wear eyeshadow often but Raye and I just love this stuff.

219032 Suncoat Water-Based Nail Polish - Purple #30 0.5 oz. 4.04
Very pale. Almost non existent . . . good for Raye whom I bought it for but I wouldn't get it for myself.

188596 Aura Cacia Calming Foam Bath for Kids, 2.5 oz. pouch 1.80
188595 Aura Cacia Cheering Foam Bath for Kids, 2.5 oz. pouch 1.80
188578 Aura Cacia Patchouli/Sweet Orange, Foam Bath, 2.5 oz. pouch 1.80
188597 Aura Cacia Clearing Foam Bath for Kids, 2.5 oz. pouch 1.80

So far we've only used the lavender and eucalyptus scents, love them both. Vada is using the cheering (tangerine) right now and it IS YUMMY. I've got to get these for my friend who's baby will be one soon.

21701 Boericke & Tafel - Homeopathic Remedies Arniflora Arnica Gel 2.75 oz. tube 7.19
This is clear so Brian didn't know he was squeezing the whole tube out at first Anyway, this stuff is great and doesn't have parabens like the Boiron does!

220713 Pure & Basic Paraben Free Hair Care - Moisturizing Conditioner, Cherry Almond 12 fl. oz. 4.79
Still haven't used it. (I don't use conditioner anymore, only Raye does)

219985 Burt's Bees Hair Care Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo 12 fl. oz.
I haven't used this yet I just wanted to brag that I found this on clearance at Kroger for $2 :flirt:

Compost Pail 11 x 7 - Item #: 213736 $30.90
I didn't buy this but I checked out someone else's when I held her order for a while. It's rather small but if I lived in an apartment or otherwise couldn't have a big compost pit outside this would be GREAT! As for me, I have a compost pit in back but would really like to figure out a better system of collecting for a day or two and then taking it out. I have decided that this is too expensive so I'll just use a stock pot with a lid instead.

296 Frontier Bulk Cheese & Italian Herb Seasoning Blend, 1 lb. package 10.45
Shoulda got this instead: 2391 Frontier Bulk Cheese, Mild Cheddar Powder, 1 lb. package for replacing Kraft macncheese boxes. But this was really good mixed into mashed potatoes (with butter, milk and salt too) and it was good on noodles. The thing I didn't realize at first was that it's completely unsalted, so my first attempt at cheese sauce was really bland (easily remedied though). I just didn't want to over-salt it.

2446 Frontier Bulk Apple Fiber Powder, 1 lb. package 5.00
I put this in the girls apple sauce, they can't really tell it's there that way!

2704 Frontier Bulk Kelp Powder, CERTIFIED ORGANIC, 1 lb. package 4.99
I've been putting this in spaghetti sauce.

217227 BumbleBar Organic Energy Bars Original with Hazelnut 15 (1.6 oz.) bars per box 19.95
Umm, they are OK. I didn't like them at first, but now I mostly like them and Vada really does : But the hazlenut is, I dunno, a weird taste kinda. Must be the cinnamon and rice syrup hmm And essentially they are just sesame seeds with flax and hazlenut thrown in, nothing too special :P I think I was expecting something *more*, not sure what though, maybe substance and chunks. I may try a different flavor. Kinda bummed about it. I mean, they're not bad at all but not worth a buck and change a bar :P I wonder what the other bars are like, if they are all sesame seed too hmm

5978 Maguey Weaves Natural Rose Pumice Stone 1.60
This is great, it's really big and I've needed one for so long, great price too!

216883 St. Claire's Organic Sweets Aromatherapy Pastilles - Organic Tummy Soothers 1.13 oz. tin 2.53
The kids like these because they seem to have a placebo affect - anything from tummy aches to "I can't sleep!" can be cured with them :snicker

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

#160 of 164 Old 08-10-2008, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRBH View Post
I'm a Seventh Generation fan, but I'm going to try the ecover tabs next, cause I really prefer tabs for convinence's sake.
just for the record, i : the ecover tabs. so very easy, they always completely dissolve, and my dishes come out super clean... only very occasionally do i get stuck-on food, much less with this than what mainstream stuff we used before...
#161 of 164 Old 08-11-2008, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetirishCT View Post
just for the record, i : the ecover tabs. so very easy, they always completely dissolve, and my dishes come out super clean... only very occasionally do i get stuck-on food, much less with this than what mainstream stuff we used before...
Does it get your teacups clean too? I used 7th Gen for awhile and all my cups were brown inside. Went back to Cascade : and everything is white again, plus the dishes are just cleaner in general than with 7th Gen. I never have to rewash anything except avocado residue. With 7th Gen, I was rewashing frequently.

I get the Cascade at Costco and it's hard to beat the price. Ecover is pretty pricey. Maybe I could switch off day by day and at least reduce my use of Cascade

Back to cheese powder, we've been using the organic white one and it's kind of "peppery" (like black pepper) and my DS won't eat it. DD is fine with it. Has anyone tried the non-organic one and is it not "peppery"? I find adding a little salt helps, but not enough for DS.
#162 of 164 Old 09-15-2008, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I bought the cheese powder and it is really good. I mixed a little with some butter on bowtie pasta. I bought this one:

2850 White cheddar powder - certified organic $13.50 for 5 cups/pounds

I bought some hand soap for the bathroom that I don't like. The scent is weird to me and it seems to stay on my hands. I ended up adding 30 drops of lime EO. The brand was Nature's Gate Organics, scented lemongrass and clarysage.

I bought the bulk garlic powder and it is good and strong. The bulk italian seasoning is great too. It will take me forever to use it up. How many years do you think it will last when it is stored in jars?

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#163 of 164 Old 09-15-2008, 10:41 PM

2446 Frontier Bulk Apple Fiber Powder, 1 lb. package 5.00
^^
Is this just for extra nutrients? Sounds good.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#164 of 164 Old 09-15-2008, 11:43 PM

I have the Simply Organic Mini-Spice veggie pepper for soups. It is item # 500721. It is strong pepper. I use it in Navy bean soup, veggie soup and black bean soup.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page