Mothering Forum banner

Help for big pores and holes from pimples

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  hapahaolegirl 
#1 ·
I was wondering how I should go about taking care of my face. I started out in 5th grade w/ pimples, most of my family on my father side had a pimple problem but I believe is the way our diet was. When I changed my diet it did start to get better. Now when I look at my face I see big pores or holes left from pimples and blackheads. I was thinking of going to facial place for a start and advice. Then using some of the recipes I see here on this site w/ honey I believe. Can someone please advise me what is the best way to go about this? Oh and feel free to give me your honey concotion.

#2 ·
I don't use honey, but here is alink to teh thread that discusses it. There are a lot of different ways to do it I guess.
I wash with a natural soap (Grandpa's thylox) & then exfoliate with Baking soda. I tone with witch hazel & use jojoba oil as a moisturizer. My skin has never looked better or smoother. I still have some large pores (it is hereditary I think). They are right on my cheeks, but only noticable when I get up close to the mirror. But overall my skin looks great.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...541639&page=32

#3 ·
Going to get a facial at a place where they use natural products is a good idea. You will get a really great deep clean and they can give you ideas(and try to sell you stuff
).

I have a book called Jeanne Rose: Herbal Body Book, it's great!!!

One of my favorite things to do from the book is an harbal steam. Boil your herbs gently(specific herbs for certain skin) in a non-metal pot. Make a tent over your head with a towel and steam your washed face for about 10 minutes, rinse with warm water and then with cool water.

You really can't "shrink" pores, they are what they are. I have large pores and some acne holes
and nothing will ever change that. Always be gentle to your skin, don't strip it of it's oils, and don't bake in the sun

#4 ·
You know, I used to have huge pores too but have discovered that an all-natural skincare regimen actually shrank them. They're really small now (even though though the ones on my nose are still a tad larger than the rest of my face.) Here are some suggestions:

1) Never put talcum powder on your face ever again. Most brands of makeup contain talc (both the liquid foundations and powders). Talc stretches pores. Choose a brand of pure, talc-free mineral makeup instead.

2) Try facial masks of green clay and honey a couple times a week. The french green clay is great for deep-cleaning. Just mix a little spoonful of clay with some water and honey in a dish or in your hand. Might be especially effective if you do it right after steaming your face to open your pores (put some boiling water in a bowl and lean your face over the bowl at a comfortable distance, then place a towel over your head to keep the steam in. Relax for several minutes.)

3) Try washing your face with honey on a daily basis. Raw honey seems to be best, but any type of 100% pure honey will work fine (make sure it isn't diluted with corn syrup though). Just splash your face with water and then take a dab of honey and rub it around all over your face. Combine with a pinch or so of baking soda for gentle micro-exfoliation. Then rinse. I've also had good results with using apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball as a toner after the rinse. I just let it dry on my skin. Then I follow with a natural oil such as jojoba or sweet almond oil.

An article about the benefits of ACV for your skin: ACV for skincare

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies,

I see there is a new forum. I was looking to find out where this forum went.

I am trying the honey wash. It is seeming to go ok. I will gave it a little while, I am also using brown sugar to scrub before and then add the honey.

Taedareth - Thanks I will try the things you mentioned. One good thing is that I don't use make-up. It will have to be a very special occasion, like for my wedding and it was just the liguid kind, but I don't even use it when going formal places.

#7 ·
I have pretty big pores and damage from acne along my jawline, from pregnancy I think. I wash my face in the shower in the morning, and the steam opens the pores. Every 3 days I use a green clay mask in the shower after washing. I let it sit while I shave or something, then wash off.When I get out I splash cold water on my face a couple of times ( I do this every morning ), and the cold water tightens up the pores to the point wher I really have to examine close to find them.

#8 ·
I've tried almost every natural solution out there and I never found one that truly worked well or for very long. I finally went to a Dermatologist and she said two things work to get rid of blackheads, Retin-A and glycolic acid. She recommended a line called Glytone, it's not all natural but I just read of a line that is, here's the link, http://www.revivalabs.com/ They have glycolic acid products which I plan to try now that I know a natural glycolic acid product exists.

I'm using a cleaner and night time face lotion from Glytone and so far so good. Usually within a week my blackheads are huge if I don't extract them out constantly and I hardly have any now. I still have some acne but it's slowly fading. I've only been using the stuff for a week but I have high hopes.

HTH!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.