Question for Diva Cup/Keeper/Moon Cup Users - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-14-2003, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got a Diva Cup and started my first cycle with it yesterday. It feels like it's poking me a bit. I trimmed the stem to 1/4 inch, but that hasn't helped that much. The product info says not to make it any smaller than that, have any of you?

Also, I push it fairly far back at first, to keep it from poking, and it seems like it slips forward as I move around, so it pokes more as I move more. Is that how it is supposed to feel? Am I putting it too far back? Do I just need to do more kegels? (Heh)

I haven't had any leaks, so I guess I'm doing it okay! Sorry for the TMI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2003, 08:18 PM

I trimmed my stem completely off and used a nail file to smooth out the edges. I remember the poking feeling very well.

HTH
Old 09-14-2003, 09:08 PM

My Keeper used to poke me too--a very uncomfortable feeling. Before you trim your stem anymore, practice removing it without the stem at all. I don't know how the Diva cup differs from the Keeper, but you should be able to grasp the lower end of it without too much trouble--just pinch it between 2 fingers. Maybe the instructions say not to trim the stem past 1/4" because they assume women are not comfortable enough with their bodies to remove the cup without the stem. Although, women who chose reusable menstrual protection are probably not that sqeamish!
Old 09-14-2003, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Trish, I thought I remembered you mentioning that you had cut your stem off completely. I think the nail file might be key. I tried to make mine smooth on the edges, but it doesn't seem to have worked. I think I'm going to trim it off completely and file it down.

Daylily, I actually already don't grab the stem. It wasn't enough to grab onto, plus grabbing the bottom of the cup and pinching seemed to break the suction a bit, which helped getting it out. Yeah, I'm certainly not squeamish, or I wouldn't have gotten it!
Old 09-15-2003, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, I trimmed the stem, which has solved the poking problem, but it still feels like it's slipping a bit. Perhaps I'll call their customer service tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I definitely remember the pokign feeling. I too had to trim the stem and file it with a nail file to make it comfortable. Good luck.
Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Old 09-17-2003, 03:15 AM

I also completly cut the stem off my keeper. The cups should sit low inside. They don't sit right next to your cervix. If you have the pamphlet it came with it will show that it is sitting just inside the vaginal opening. But it shouldn't be coming out at all. If that is what is happening I would defenitly call. Did you get the right size?
Old 09-17-2003, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

Kaelynn, it isn't coming out, it's just low enough for me to feel it. I got the post-childbirth size since I've had vaginal childbirth.

I did cut the stem off completely, and I really like it now. It is very comfortable. It doesn't hurt that I can feel it, I just know it's there, if that makes sense.

It wins hands-down over cloth pads, that's for sure!

User Tag List