Frontier Question...for those of you who order wholesale. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-18-2008, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope I'm putting this in the right place... forgive me if I'm not.

Anyway, I applied to order Frontier wholesale, and did not receive a confirmation email....let alone any email saying I had been accepted/declined. This was mid-week last week.

I wondered for those of you who order wholesale - what was the process like for you for registering.

I'm planning to host local co-ops and have a host of women interested in making some more natural choices for their homes and families - so I'm really excited about it. I need them to approve that application to make this happen.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer info.

Becca ~Mama to 3 (DD - 1/3/02) (DD - 2/16/04) (DS - 8/11/05)
#2 of 11 Old 03-18-2008, 08:12 PM

I don't remember exactly how long it took, but I would probably give them a few more days and then call to follow up. I received something in the mail with an account #. When I tried to set up my account to order online, I never received an email confirmation, though. I called a few days later and the person I talked to asked if I had tried to log in. I hadn't, but when I did, I was able to sign in. So, I don't know if she did something to activate the account or if it was already activated and they just never sent confirmation.

HTH!
#3 of 11 Old 03-18-2008, 08:14 PM

Did you already by the fee??

If you paid the fee and entered a username and password go ahead and log-in.

It sometimes takes a few weeks to get the "welcome" stuff in the mail but your account is already active.

Proud Mom of 3 Boys expecting boy #4 June 2012 - Founder of Dinker & Giggles - http://DinkerAndGiggles.com
Doula - Babywearing Activist - Lactation & Childbirth Educator [In-Training]

#4 of 11 Old 03-18-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkerngiggles View Post
Did you already by the fee??

If you paid the fee and entered a username and password go ahead and log-in.

It sometimes takes a few weeks to get the "welcome" stuff in the mail but your account is already active.

Proud Mom of 3 Boys expecting boy #4 June 2012 - Founder of Dinker & Giggles - http://DinkerAndGiggles.com

#5 of 11 Old 03-19-2008, 05:19 PM

Yep they make it weird, you have to log in with your user name and password you gave in the initial registration. I didn't have to pay the fee to start ordering, I just got an invoice in the mail then called and paid it by credit card over the phone. This was only 2 months ago too, so I think the process is the same. BTW they have fantastic customer service over the phone, so when and doubt, just call, it's really fast usually.

Ashley, Jesus loving mama to Jaden (8) Trace (6) and Liam (3) and fost/adopt twins Talia and Oliva (1).  Happily married for a decade! 

#6 of 11 Old 03-19-2008, 05:22 PM

I applied online and then a rep contacted me directly via phone about a week later. I think that might be b/c I selected "internet store" or something. I paid the membership fee with my first order.

IME their customer service is very friendly, I wouldn't hesitate to call!
#7 of 11 Old 03-19-2008, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, so a bit of an update:

I got a call from the rep yesterday saying my account was set up. She then said I would get 15-25% off and should call or email her specifically with my first order of any new product. Huh??? I tried to ask her to clarify but she kept repeating the same thing over. We weren't communicating well. Wouldn't my prices be the same as anyone else? And why can't I just order online like anyone else? I emailed for more clarification yesterday evening and haven't heard back yet. A bit complicated, eh?

Becca ~Mama to 3 (DD - 1/3/02) (DD - 2/16/04) (DS - 8/11/05)
#8 of 11 Old 03-19-2008, 05:35 PM

That IS really weird. Have you tried to go in and place an order or fill your shopping cart? I wouldn't surprise me if you account just worked like anyone else's. Then you can compare the prices from your online account to the whole sale catalog. This is so strange, I hope it gets cleared up for you!

Ashley, Jesus loving mama to Jaden (8) Trace (6) and Liam (3) and fost/adopt twins Talia and Oliva (1).  Happily married for a decade! 

#9 of 11 Old 03-20-2008, 01:20 AM

Not sure if this will help..

I just applied yesterday. I called in the afternoon to ask a few questions about how I should set it up. She confirmed and told me: I should set up as a buyers club. She mentioned that I must make sure I pick a company name, whatever I want it to be. I asked what the 'contacts' were for (I thought maybe a refernece, but no)- it is not necessary to have a 'contact' set up (in fact, that is just intended for 'businesses' with more than one contact person. finally we talked about the credit-- most 'buyers clubs' just pay by credit club, so don't check the credit box.

Someone called me back today with my customer number.
I went to the website, typed that number in under something like 'click her to set up online ordering'.
I got a confirmation email today saying that that request will be taken care of in 24 hours or less.

I'm assuming that I'll get the email tomorrow and be all set to order online....?? but who knows...

Their customer service has been great the 2X I've used it, and I've also only heard good things about it.

I can't wait.

Although, I didn't get any tidbits about 25% off-- perhaps that was because it took so long for them to get to you? Or did she mean 25% off of retail???

I have not seen the wholesale catalog yet. I'm hoping once I'm ste up for online buying I will get the link back. I had the link from the buyers club I participated in before, but didn't save it.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#10 of 11 Old 03-20-2008, 05:11 PM

I was on their website today and noticed that they didn't have a lot of the new items from the new wholesale catalog available for order on the wholesale site yet, i was thinking maybe that's why that one rep told you to call her to place your first order??????

#11 of 11 Old 03-21-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvenchrst View Post
I was on their website today and noticed that they didn't have a lot of the new items from the new wholesale catalog available for order on the wholesale site yet, i was thinking maybe that's why that one rep told you to call her to place your first order??????
Perhaps that and a lot of the Frontier brands are 25% off right now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page