Rosehip Seed Oil really, really works! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 58 Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why has it taken me so long to use this stuff????

I have been wearing contact lenses for over 25 years (OMG, did I just say that??) and have therefore been a long-time eye "tugger", putting the lenses in each morning, taking them out each night...that thin skin under each eye was starting to show the wear and tear, and some (ok, a lot) of fine lines were starting to make me look older than I am (this came from girlfriends tough-love beauty critiquing!).

I've tried a couple of drugstore/department store brands of eye creams, with no real results. Then I started researching the rosehip seed oil...no wonder it's a key (though not main) ingredient in higher end eye creams! So, I thought I would just skip the "fillers" and go for the main ingredient and purchased some online (it was around $10 for a fair sized bottle) and one drop on my finger pads and patted around the eye area has actually really, really worked!!! I had to really search to find those lines that had been cropping up!

Even my co-workers are noticing the difference, and just yesterday even DH (who, bless him, is soooooo oblivious to things like fine lines) said how incredible my skin looks.

Just thought I share one more small victory in my battle to not grow old gracefully, but to go down swinging all the way! (without resorting to seeing more knives than a Benihana's!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 58 Old 03-21-2008, 11:47 AM

I love rosehip seed oil!! I use it to moisturize my whole face with, and I have noticed HUGE improvements in my skin; it is so soft and smooth and clear. I got mine from www.bubbleandbee.com. She doesn't actually have it listed on her website, but she does it as a custom. Mine is a 2.5 oz spray bottle, and if I remember correctly, it was $7.50.
#3 of 58 Old 03-21-2008, 12:51 PM

Rosehip seed oil is wonderful!! I use it for my acne scars and bought it from MRH- it as on sale when I bought it so it was cheap

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#4 of 58 Old 03-21-2008, 01:31 PM

I wonder how it works for someone with rosacea?

Me:
#5 of 58 Old 03-21-2008, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So you just use it straight, not in a carrier oil/diluted?

I've been wondering about eye creams....
#6 of 58 Old 03-21-2008, 04:30 PM

The kind I use has a little bit of vitamin E added to it, but it is not diluted...just straight oil.
#7 of 58 Old 03-22-2008, 09:46 PM

I love it too!! Didn't know it works for wrinkles - thanks for the tip! I've been using it as a facial moisturizer and my stubborn acne scars that have been with me for over 10 years - are gone! I have used it neat and also as part of a blend. Great both ways Got mine from MRH
#8 of 58 Old 03-24-2008, 03:56 AM

i use this:
http://www.ktnaturals.com/index.php?...index&cPath=12 for my face and love it.

I'm thinking of getting some strait from MRH to use as belly oil to help heal/lessen stretch marks. I also got some Emu oil coming for a recent sheer miracle co-op: http://www.sheermiracle.com/mineral-...ome.php?cat=15
which claims to have many of the same benefits as rose hip oil. I wonder which one works better, should I use them both, hummmmmmmmm

Ashley, Jesus loving mama to Jaden (8) Trace (6) and Liam (3) and fost/adopt twins Talia and Oliva (1).  Happily married for a decade! 

#9 of 58 Old 03-24-2008, 05:43 PM

I use it straight and it works so well for my skin!
#10 of 58 Old 03-25-2008, 05:32 PM

A rose hip oil I saw where I usually buy my bulk stuff from says not to use on active acne. Any reason not to use on active acne?
#11 of 58 Old 03-25-2008, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How long does it take before you can see the results? I used it to reduce eye wrinkles for 10 days or so and gave up.

TIA.

Anne
#12 of 58 Old 03-26-2008, 11:23 AM

Um, I can't really see any product working in only 10 days to reduce wrinkles that it took a lifetime to form.
#13 of 58 Old 03-26-2008, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

It took a couple of weeks for me to notice any difference...I think consistency is key, as well as patience.
#14 of 58 Old 03-26-2008, 01:53 PM

I just ordered some from MRH. I'll let you know how it goes! I am so excited. I also ordered shea butter. I was out & need to make some body butter for family members that tried mine & love it.
#15 of 58 Old 03-26-2008, 04:40 PM

I have kind of forgotten to use my rosehip seed oil since I began using my fabulous emu oil... but I just had to say that I loved this:

Quote:
...one more small victory in my battle to not grow old gracefully, but to go down swinging all the way! (without resorting to seeing more knives than a Benihana's!)
#16 of 58 Old 03-27-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitker79 View Post
A rose hip oil I saw where I usually buy my bulk stuff from says not to use on active acne. Any reason not to use on active acne?
Anyone know? I need to place my order and don't want to spend the money on it if I can't use it on acne, since I almost always have something going.

I guess they have emu oil too. If you had to only get one, which one would you get and why? By the way, what is MRH?
Thanks!
#17 of 58 Old 03-27-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitker79 View Post
Anyone know? I need to place my order and don't want to spend the money on it if I can't use it on acne, since I almost always have something going.

I guess they have emu oil too. If you had to only get one, which one would you get and why? By the way, what is MRH?
Thanks!
MRH = Mountain Rose Herbs
#18 of 58 Old 04-05-2008, 04:31 PM

I was just curious as to why this cannot be used on active acne. I always seem to have it, but would love this for my scars.
#19 of 58 Old 04-05-2008, 06:07 PM

I didn't get an answer so I just went with the Emu oil. I've only used it a few days, but it came in a brown bottle (like to pour it from) and it's real thick, like lotion but doesn't come out. So I'm not sure if it solidifies like CO does or what, but I'm not real sure how to get it out of the bottle. I'm putting a Qtip in at the moment, but what happens when it won't reach?
#20 of 58 Old 04-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Hmm I've never tried emu oil, but have read good things about it. Maybe you could gently warm it by setting the bottle in a bowl of warm water, and then pour it into a shallower container like a half-pint mason jar? And then just store it away from direct light (which is the reason behind the dark-colored glass bottle).

I can say that rose hip seed oil is very light and fluid. The description on MRH says it's a "vanishing oil" that absorbs instantly, but that's not exactly my experience. I find that it absorbs better than some other oils (WAY better than shea butter) but my skin remains kind of shiny after putting it on.

No idea why RHSO isn't supposed to be used on acne. I haven't found any reason for it online, just the cryptic warning. I'd say, dab it onto any scars you may have instead of applying it to your whole face.
#21 of 58 Old 04-06-2008, 12:31 AM

thanks for the tip! Off to MRH for some!!

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#22 of 58 Old 04-06-2008, 12:40 AM

Does anyone know if Rosehip Seed Oil is safe to use while pregnant? I have some fine lines and acne scars and would love to try it but I just found out I'm pregnant.

Thanks!

Mom to 4 year old DD and 1 year old DS
#23 of 58 Old 04-07-2008, 12:22 PM

Mine just came in this weekend. I've use dit for 3 days I think. I post results soon. It seems that it doesn't soak in quite as well as jojoba. I'm using it straight around my eyes and a 1:1 jojoba/RH mix on my entire face. It feels good so far. Works well with my mineral makeup.
#24 of 58 Old 04-07-2008, 01:21 PM

glad to hear about the good results. I am planning on buying some on gardenofwisdom.com Markey is great and if you have specific concerns she really tries to help figure out what is best for you. I highly recommend them also they have a message board that has been helpful as well.

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#25 of 58 Old 04-07-2008, 03:29 PM

Does Whole foods sell it? I want some.
#26 of 58 Old 04-08-2008, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nora--not a llama View Post
Um, I can't really see any product working in only 10 days to reduce wrinkles that it took a lifetime to form.
Well I'm not dumb but I don't agree. If a product works you can often see a small difference in a short period of time.

I got a very expensive rose hip oil (primavera) and I could see a difference in two days. It does work! The difference in color are huge - the expensive one is a nice orange and the cheap one is completely clear.
#27 of 58 Old 04-08-2008, 02:07 PM

I bought the RHSO to use on my thighs and belly. While the belly is looking the same after 4 days of use, my upper, inner thighs are looking smoother. (I have stretchmarks everywhere and thought I'd try RHSO for them.)

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#28 of 58 Old 04-08-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishMom View Post
Well I'm not dumb but I don't agree.
Did someone say you were dumb? And it is of course your perogative to disagree.

Anyhow, my oil is also very dark orange, and it is rather thick. I haven't had any problems with it making my face greasy either; it soaks in pretty quickly. I noticed some people in this thread thought it didn't soak in very well....so I wondered if that was a difference between the heavier orange stuff and the clear stuff.
#29 of 58 Old 04-08-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by es1967 View Post
Does Whole foods sell it? I want some.
I couldn't find it there. I ordered mine from MRH and it arrived within a few days.

I've been using it about a week and no visable results. I'm due for a facial soon and I'm curious if she says that my eye area still looks dry (a diagnosis from my last appt, 3 months ago). I'm not expecting miracles though.

I haven't started using it on stretch marks. I guess I'm a bit doubtful that it'll work. I'm not too worried about stretch marks but I wouldn't mind them taking a permanent vacation either!
#30 of 58 Old 04-09-2008, 03:05 PM

Well, I started using it Saturday I think. I thought it felt nice, but wasn't expecting miracles. I noticed last night that my "parentheses" between my eye-brows looks better! I couldn't believe it. It was one of those things where I just noticed it while washing my hands, not really even looking at my face in particular. I'm going to be watching it like a hawk now though!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page