Removing the Diva cup reeeeeeeaaaaaaally hurts. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-10-2008, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any suggestions? I'm a newbie so maybe it will just get better as my body gets used to it?
#2 of 10 Old 04-10-2008, 03:19 PM

Hurts in what way? It stretches you too much?
#3 of 10 Old 04-10-2008, 03:23 PM

Oh no! The big thing I need to do is slide my finger up next to the cup and release/break the suction, then pull it out. Try that next time!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#4 of 10 Old 04-10-2008, 03:28 PM

Oh yeah, break the suction. Don't just yank it out.

Good luck.

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
#5 of 10 Old 04-10-2008, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyboys View Post
Hurts in what way? It stretches you too much?
Yep.
#6 of 10 Old 04-13-2008, 10:01 PM

I just came looking for info for me too. Mine is leaking, but I think I have it too high. It doesn't feel great coming out, but it doesn't hurt to the point yours seems to. Could you squeeze it together more when coming out? Are you pushing it out while pulling?

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#7 of 10 Old 04-13-2008, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Where it hurts is right at the end, when the rim around the top is coming out. It got better as I did it more and learned to use the other hand to sorta pull the side of my labia (?) up over it, but it still kind of hurt.

Also, and I may have to do a new post about this, I'm having trouble getting the cup to pop open when I insert it. I can feel that one side is still completely concave, so the whole thing must still be in a "u" shape. How it has been working at all is beyond me, but it seemed to still catch almost everything. Maybe it did pop open during my heavy days, but this morning I could not get it to open. Since my flow had already slowed down a lot, I finally gave up and decided to do the rest of this cycle (very light flow) with just a pad.

Any advice on getting it to pop open?
#8 of 10 Old 04-14-2008, 12:40 AM

Slide your finger up next to it and sort of "twirl" it around. You need to make sure that you haven't suctioned it to the wall of your vagina, 'cause it won't work if you have!

Even if you haven't though, the "twirl" thing seemed to work well for me. There have been times when I've given up and taken it out and re-inserted because I just couldn't get it right.

Good luck! Once you get the hang of it, the cups are awesome!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#9 of 10 Old 04-14-2008, 01:01 PM

I never got the hang of removing cups of that shape. I prefer the Instead cups because of that. Now, if they only made them in non-disposable, I'd be set...
#10 of 10 Old 04-19-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilliepepper View Post
Where it hurts is right at the end, when the rim around the top is coming out. It got better as I did it more and learned to use the other hand to sorta pull the side of my labia (?) up over it, but it still kind of hurt.

Also, and I may have to do a new post about this, I'm having trouble getting the cup to pop open when I insert it. I can feel that one side is still completely concave, so the whole thing must still be in a "u" shape. How it has been working at all is beyond me, but it seemed to still catch almost everything. Maybe it did pop open during my heavy days, but this morning I could not get it to open. Since my flow had already slowed down a lot, I finally gave up and decided to do the rest of this cycle (very light flow) with just a pad.

Any advice on getting it to pop open?
I used my diva cup for my first cycle last month. I use the origami fold, and got in the right way without a problem. Another thing I do. Is I only put it in partially, listen/feel for it to pop open, then push it in, then do some kegals to kind of suck it in and get it in the right place. It works everytime! here is a link to various folding methods. I got most of my information from this site.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page