Are the drug companies currently lying about using thimerosal ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-24-2005, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son was born in 2003 and vaxed on schedule. After I learned more and wished I hadn't done that to him, I went over his vax records. According to what the drug companies report (like on Table 1 in this page:

http://www.fda.gov/cber/vaccine/thimerosal.htm )

, I didn't think he got any thimerosal except for what was in the flu shot.

This morning another mom told me that her physician (a non-vaxing Dr.) said that since thimerosal in vaccines was never banned, and eliminating it from routine ped vaxs was voluntary, and that the govt has supposedly "proven" that it "never caused any harm", that some drug companies have put it back in, and are not reporting this to the FDA or on the inserts, because they really don't have to. So it's possible to get a vax thinking that it is free of thimerosal, with a package insert that says it is thimerosal free, when it's not. She said they would not be caught unless someone tested the vaccines for it, and that even if they were penalized for having the wrong information on the insert, it wouldn't be much of a penalty because it is a preservative that is considered "safe".

Has anyone heard of this - is it true that they can claim a vaccine has little to no thimerosal when they know it does ? I know they don't have to make vaccines without it, but I didn't think they could put false info on the package inserts for the lots...

Now I am feeling so paranoid !

Thanks,

Linda B

DS1 March 2003DS2 Sept 2005,
and 3 , in our happy secular
#2 of 11 Old 08-24-2005, 04:44 PM

Yep. You heard right. I don't remember all the details but a group got normal vaxes that claimed to be thimerisol free and tested them. They were far from.

-Angela
#3 of 11 Old 08-24-2005, 04:51 PM

No one has yet to post a package insert of a dtap shot that has no mercury in it.

They have led people to believe they have purged their inventories of mercury based vaccines and they have NOT purged, they are using them up. There are many things in items that we buy that they do not have to place on labels if it's done in a certain step in the manufacturing process...ie. food, skin conditioners, medicines, vaxes.

Besides, it's not just the mercury you need to be concerned with. There are a lot of other toxins that do harm a child in them. It's probably why I don't worry too much about proof of mercury in shots whether they hide it or not..because I know aluminum, antifreeze, and formaldahyde are just as shocking.

Sherra
#4 of 11 Old 08-24-2005, 04:52 PM

For more information about the testing Angela posted about visit the site for Health Advocacy in the Public Interest and scroll down to read the press release.
#5 of 11 Old 08-24-2005, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the information. I think I might throw up now.

I guess it's a good thing I recently learned that cilantro is supposed to be a good, safe, cheap, at-home chelating agent.

The more stuff I learn, about everything, not just vaccines, the further and further I get from the middle of the road, and I get more and more disgusted and depressed. I want to take my family and run away somewhere, but I don't think there's anyplace to go. I'm very thankful I learned many things in time to change my path while DS was still young. But I'm so disturbed by the implications of all the "normal" parenting culture that is all around us, everywhere

Linda B

#6 of 11 Old 08-25-2005, 03:06 AM

You, Linda, are NOT alone in this thinking. Those same thoughts have been in my mind the past month the more I learn. I think what I find disgusting is how many ppl can't seem to think for themselves and back the medical field and it's billions of dollar industry while many of us are struggling.

Sherra
#7 of 11 Old 08-25-2005, 03:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thimerasol is in vaccines in a smaller amount, maybe 98% has been removed. There is no such thing as a completely thimerasol free vaccine because thimerasol is such a good preservative...it has been used since 1930...

...fittingly enough, the first cases of autism were identified in the early 1940s.

Doctors also still have on their shelves the vaccines that had thimerasol in the higher amounts.

There is also aluminum, formaldehyde, duck egg, fetal cells and other goodies in the vaccines, so even if thimerasol is taken out, there are other things that are objectionable.

The mode of delivery.

The person who is receiving the shot.

The ingredients...
#8 of 11 Old 08-25-2005, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
Thimerasol is in vaccines in a smaller amount, maybe 98% has been removed.
That was what I thought until my friend told me what her doctor said, and I visited the link in wednesday's post above. Now I just plain don't believe that they are removing it anymore, no matter how much of it the drug company claims is in or not in a vaccine. Because it seems like no matter what they say, it can be in there anyway, in much greater amounts than they are claiming. According to her doctor, if they are caught, and they won't be, because it's not banned and the FDA won't ever test for it, the penalty for not accurately reporting the concentration of a licensed preservative is next to nothing.

Linda B

#9 of 11 Old 08-25-2005, 07:13 PM

I was looking up pediarix because I'm filling out paperwork for her new pediatrician. I came across this:

http://www.gskvaccines.com/vaccines/...ct=PEDIARIX#q8

Note this part especially:

Quote:
Q: Does PEDIARIX contain thimerosal?

A: PEDIARIX does NOT use thimerosal as a preservative. Thimerosal is used at the early stages of manufacture and is removed by subsequent purification steps to below the analytical limit of detection, [1] considered to present no risk in terms of mercury exposure. [10]

What does no risk mean and at how much exposure? I mean they can't even admit any causal link to babies personalities changing after these shots...to autism..so how would they know what is and isn't a risk now? When asked why they are removing the thimerosal now, they just say..oh well..we are doing it just in case. They know exactly what is going on with mercury, but the bottom line means more.

Also, no where in this FAQ from the mfg does it say a child can experience a seizure like mine did (it has the dtap inside it as well as the polio and hep b). You, of course, would have to go to the package insert to see it. But to not have it in a general FAQ is downright MISLEADING!

Sherra
#10 of 11 Old 08-26-2005, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Title of this thread is,"Are the drug companies currently lying about using thimerosal?

My answer is, "What makes you think they would ever you tell the truth?"

#11 of 11 Old 08-26-2005, 03:46 AM

Quote:
My answer is, "What makes you think they would ever you tell the truth?"
ITA.

Exactly, people will do anything for greed/money. They dont care so long as their bank accounts all grow. They benefit even more when we ARE harmed because then we are dependent upon them for medications/etc for life. Gag.

Desiree

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page