Aluminum - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-31-2005, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...ull/112/6/1394 (linked from cdc site)

Quote:
The safety of aluminum has been established by experience during the past 70 years, with hundreds of millions of people inoculated with aluminum-containing vaccines. Adverse reactions including erythema, subcutaneous nodules, contact hypersensitivity, and granulomatous inflammation have been observed rarely
Does anyone else see a BIG problem with that?

Quote:
Aluminum-containing vaccines are not the only source of aluminum exposure for infants. Because aluminum is 1 of the most abundant elements in the earth’s crust and is present in air, food, and water, all infants are exposed to aluminum in the environment. For example, breast milk contains approximately 40 µg of aluminum per liter, and infant formulas contain an average of approximately 225 µg of aluminum per liter.36–40 Vaccines contain quantities of aluminum similar to those contained in infant formulas (Table 3). However, because large quantities of aluminum can cause serious neurologic effects in humans,41 guidelines were established by the ATSDR
hmm.....
Look at the references for this:
"Aluminum contamination of infant formulas"
"Potential aluminum toxicity in infants fed special infant formula"
"High aluminum content of infant milk formulas"

Quote:
For determining the quantity of aluminum below which safety is likely, data were generated in mice that were inoculated orally with various quantities of aluminum lactate.42 No adverse reactions were observed when mice were fed quantities of aluminum as high as 62 mg/kg/day. By applying uncertainty factors of 3 (for extrapolation to humans) and 10 (for human variability), the ATSDR concluded that the minimum risk level for exposure to aluminum was 2 mg/kg/day.43 The half-life of elimination of aluminum from the body is approximately 24 hours.41 Therefore, the burden of aluminum to which infants are exposed in food36–40 and vaccines (Table 3) is clearly less than the guideline established by the ATSDR and far less than that found to be safe in experimental animals.41,42
(my bolding)
so, because they studied it on mice (by feeding it to them), it MUST be safe to inject into babies?

These seem to be the only "studies" that have been done on aluminum's safety- am I wrong here?

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#2 of 12 Old 08-31-2005, 06:52 PM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...light=aluminum
#3 of 12 Old 08-31-2005, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Great info there! Thanks

#4 of 12 Old 08-31-2005, 07:44 PM

:

Keep the info on Aluminum coming!!!!
Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#5 of 12 Old 08-31-2005, 08:34 PM

Go here:

http://www.future-drugs.com/doi/pdfp...d=osxs4VDeMcu6

download the pdf. Save it to HD because its one you will want to keep.

Then come back and tell me why you would trust the test results for aluminium.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#6 of 12 Old 08-31-2005, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Wait, you know I was questioning those studies, right?
In my mind, those studies certainly don't convince me that aluminum is ok to inject into a baby's blood!!

ETA- I just read my post, and I can see how it would seem that I was saying that aluminum is safe. I was NIP, and I should have been more careful about what I said. Sorry. I was trying to say that was being used as "proof" that it was safe, but those studies don't prove a dang thing to me, except that they can feed it to rats without them dying. lol

#7 of 12 Old 08-31-2005, 09:20 PM

I didn't think you were saying that. It was a generic statement

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#8 of 12 Old 09-01-2005, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
Go here:

http://www.future-drugs.com/doi/pdfp...d=osxs4VDeMcu6

download the pdf. Save it to HD because its one you will want to keep.

Then come back and tell me why you would trust the test results for aluminium.
Eah.... I made it through half. That is some heavy reading.
So the "mouse weight gain test", where they see how many mice die, and if 60% are the same weight as their placebo peers is 3 days later is the vaxes "saftey net"?

I also found it funny that the way they make the pertussis toxin not so darn toxic is by stirring it up with some formaldehyde before putting it in the vax.
I guess I have a weird sense of humor.
#9 of 12 Old 09-01-2005, 02:10 AM

The point is they kept saying all the way through that a new, or better test was needed, and that the tests bore little relationship to reality. If you read it carefully, you will pick all that up.

#10 of 12 Old 09-01-2005, 02:24 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Aluminium is all around us. Certain foods as potatoes have lots of aluminium in the skins, but this does not, for unknown reasons, cause problems.

Aluminium is in our pots, pans, and does get into our cooked foods.

Aluminium is in toothpaste, mouthwash, and our residential water as sodium fluoride, an aluminium industry waste. Aluminium chloride is in antiperspirants.

These are all lifestyle choices and they can change.

Aluminium is a trace mineral and is found in the autopsied brains of all Alzheimer's patients. We do not know if this is a result of the disease or a cause...

Aluminium has no place in infant vaccinations.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#11 of 12 Old 09-01-2005, 02:25 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
The point is they kept saying all the way through that a new, or better test was needed, and that the tests bore little relationship to reality. If you read it carefully, you will pick all that up.
Oh, I picked it up. I just take it as a given with most aspects of epidemiology.
Your local doc will tell you "This is terribly complex. It would take years of study for you to understand"...but then you read how the epidemiologists are saying to themselves "Well, we really have no idea what the cause is of this effect".
Fecal matter rolls downhill, I guess.
#12 of 12 Old 09-01-2005, 02:58 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
This has been studied for nearly sixty years! More studies needed...

What will we do when all of these researchers need to get a real job.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page