Help me put together a comprehensive book list... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 11-07-2005, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas!

I'm going to Amazon.com today to the used books and going to order a bunch of things to have in my home library. I want things on vaccine information AND keeping kids healthy naturally. I can't keep the books out of the regular library long enough to absorb any of the material. Here's what's on my list so far, help me round it out. Not everything under the sun, but hitting the highlights and the most accessible language.

How To Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor (Mendelsohn)
The Vaccine Guide (Neustrader)
Vaccinations (Aviva Jill Romm)

Hit me with some more!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#2 of 25 Old 11-07-2005, 11:34 AM

//
#3 of 25 Old 11-07-2005, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I would not buy the vaccine books since the information gets outdated fast,better just to get those through library interloan
The vaccine guide by randall's isn't outdated by any means. However, I did find it at my local library. So that is an excellent point to check the library first!

As for the mendelsohn book, it isn't outdated either even though it is old. The information in there is still top notch! It sadly was not available through my library so I had to buy it.

Because a book is old doesn't mean it has outdated material. If anything, it kinda works like a history book if you know what I mean. The newer a book is, the more "history" of facts it muddles up so there are definitely tradeoffs I'd say. Their info on how diseases were back when they started vaccines is very solid and their way of how the previous generation cured and fended off the disease is also solid compared to the newer books that sometimes don't even address this or are possibly factually inferior because time has gone by and records end up "missing" or modified.
#4 of 25 Old 11-07-2005, 03:52 PM

I'm a newcomer to the researching thing so these books might not be as good as some others, but a nurse I met in a moms' group told me about author Neil Z. ******. I got both through the library and am considering buying at least one just so I can argue w/ doubters. When I'm actually face to face I tend to forget all my facts and just

This is a good thread--I'm definitely :
#5 of 25 Old 11-07-2005, 09:00 PM

//
#6 of 25 Old 11-30-2005, 08:28 PM

I disagree that its not worth it to buy books. I have a huge number. I can't say that I've read all of them thoroughly thought.

One of the reasons I have collected old books is that its important, becuase you get a depth for the feel of the fact that this is a timeless problem and worse still the suppression and denial is just as bad as it was back then in 1895 when the British set up the General Medical Council, specifically to deal with doctors speaking out against vaccines.

This includes the vaccination ones I can find. I think some are loaned out. Obviously I have lots on other topics as well.

The Hazards of Immunization
by Sir Graham Wilson 1967

This is a good one, because it gives you a very good idea of the way that the medical profession has always covered up vaccine reactions.

I have three american old ones that I don't like very much, but they are useful in a sense.

"Vaccination the Silent Killer." by Ido Honorof & E. McBean 1977

"The Hidden Dangers in Poli Vaccine" This is a photocopy and I've no idea who wrote it... looks like Morris Beale, but might not be.

"The Drug Story"
Morris A Beale 1949.

USA books that are useful, but not essential:

DPT: A shot in the Dark by Harris L. Coulter and Barbara Loe Fisher 1985

"Vaccination, social violence and Criminality by Harris L. Coulter.

Two more USA ones, old = excellent.

"Diet prevents Polio" by Benjamin P Sandler MD 1951

Low Blood sugar and You by Carlton Frederick Ph.D & Herman Goodman M.D. 1969

Other American ones I like.

"How to Raise a Healthy child in spite of your doctor"
by Robert Mendelsohn.

Actually, all his are worth having.

VAccinations, a thoughtful Parent's Guide by Aviva Jill Romm. 2001

All of Neil Millers.

Tim O'Shea "The Sanctity of human blood: vaccination is not immunization."

I don't really like this one, but lots of people who borrow it from me do.

The VAccination Bible by Lynne McTaggart 1997. It's okay.

New Zealand book "Investigate before you vaccinate" Susan K. Claridge 2002 I like this one.

German book "VAccination, a Business based on Fear" by Dr Gerhard Buchwald M.D. 1995 ISBN 3-8334-0162-1

Good, but hard going.

Two old English ones:

"The story of the Salk Anti-poliomyelitis vaccine" by M. Beddow Bayly with a whole long line of letter dripping after name.. 1958

"The "Schick" inoculation for immunisation against diphtheria" by M Beddow Bayley. 1939. Really like this one..

Another english one:

"Bechamp or Pasteur? A lost Chapter in the History of Biology" by Douglas Hume. 1922

Hard read but excellent.

"Every second child" by Archie Kalokerinos, M.D.

This book woke me up.

Medical Pioneer of the 20th Century,
Dr ARchie Kalokerinos. 2000 An autobiography. He didn't chose the title, and hates it.

"Vaccination" Viera Scheibner Ph D. 1993

Don't like this one.

Vaccination Roulette by the Autralian VAccination Network

I find this hard to read.

Raising a vaccine free child. Wendy Lydall.

I like this one.

Vaccine A by Gary Matsumoto

Haven't read it yet, but given that they are using squalene in more vaccines, I will.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#7 of 25 Old 11-30-2005, 08:41 PM

I think Dr. Mendelsohn's "How To Raise A Healthy Child..." is always worth having on your shelf. It's not just about vaccines, but about a philosophy that a parent should have regarding health and childrearing. It's also about getting rid of the fear many parents have about many different issues.

A MUST HAVE in the house is Prescription For Herbal Healing by Phylis A. Balch. This book is for children and adults. It has herbal remedies, warning, dosages, etc for just about every ailment anyone can have.
#8 of 25 Old 11-30-2005, 11:28 PM

Their are already a ton of great book suggested, therefore I dont have any....but I did want to say that after my last order through Amazon I will never order from them again. It took over a month to get most of my order (and yes, they were instock) and I am still waiting on one last book that is supposed to come after Christmas (I ordered in October). At the same time (back in october) I ordered the other half of my books from http://Alibris.com and they came within a week. The prices are just about the same but shipping from Alibris is a bit cheaper and they send them much faster. Also try http://www.powells.com for books as well.

Also, out of the 14 books I ordered all but 3 I bought brand new because the new price with free shipping was cheaper than the used book plus shipping.
#9 of 25 Old 12-01-2005, 04:47 AM

Now that you mention it, Scapegoat, Barnes and Noble will order just about anything for you and if you pick it up at the store, there's no shipping fees.
#10 of 25 Old 12-01-2005, 12:51 PM

My suggestion doesn't relate directly to vaccines, but about drug companies and how corrupt they are. It's a quick read full of info about drug company operations and how the FDA and policiticians are in bed with them. It was written by the former editor-in-chief of the New England Journal of Medicine.

"The Truth About the Drug Companies (how they deceive us and what you can do about it)" by Marcia Angell.

Another off-topic book talks about how medicine is the new world religion (doctors are priests, vaccines are baptism, etc). It's actually an academic paper by a French professor. Quick read and a little tedious at times because of it's academic nature, but very eye-opening.

Modern Medicine: The New World Religion by Olivier Clerc.
#11 of 25 Old 12-01-2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpolzin
My suggestion doesn't relate directly to vaccines, but about drug companies and how corrupt they are.
ITA with that! IMO, that's where the debate starts. If somebody (vax manufacturer, Peds, FDA, CDC, or whoever) is pushing vaccines on you, then you should have access to all the research information on that vaccine. I dont' care if they are claiming it's the most wonderful vaccine ever created, if the FDA is not willing to pony up the little bit of research that is required of the manufacturer, then that's the end of the discussion. There's no need to listen to the safety and efficacy results be touted by vaccine advocates when the vaccine manufacturers are permitted to hide how they came up with those results. There is no legitimate reason to hide data when you have a monopolistic trade right to sell a particular vaccine. It's not a freakin' recipe. Even if you knew exactly how the vaccine was made you can't go and make the exact same thing because the accumulated mutations in the vaccine strain are random. The data that is being hidden is the stuff that characterizes the vaccine's safety and efficacy after it was made. The only reason to secret that data is because it would hurt the marketing of the vaccine if made public. JMO
#12 of 25 Old 12-01-2005, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Vaccine A by Gary Matsumoto

Haven't read it yet, but given that they are using squalene in more vaccines, I will.
I have read it. Well the first few chapters anyway. It made me SOOO mad I had to put it down. Several times. My pulse rate would literally jump 10-15 beats while reading. That's how good this book is. LOADED with information. I kept a notebook by my side to jot down things. If you want to use a highlighter...buy several and be prepared to highlight pages at a time.
#13 of 25 Old 12-01-2005, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpolzin
My suggestion doesn't relate directly to vaccines, but about drug companies and how corrupt they are. It's a quick read full of info about drug company operations and how the FDA and policiticians are in bed with them. It was written by the former editor-in-chief of the New England Journal of Medicine.

"The Truth About the Drug Companies (how they deceive us and what you can do about it)" by Marcia Angell.

Another off-topic book talks about how medicine is the new world religion (doctors are priests, vaccines are baptism, etc). It's actually an academic paper by a French professor. Quick read and a little tedious at times because of it's academic nature, but very eye-opening.

Modern Medicine: The New World Religion by Olivier Clerc.
Okay, just bought two new books.

Since we're going off topic, then other books I'd suggest are these

Trust us, we're experts... How industry manipulates science and gambles with your future:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Toxic Sludge is Good For You : Lies, Damn Lies and the Public Relations Industry

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#14 of 25 Old 12-01-2005, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
Okay, just bought two new books.

Since we're going off topic, then other books I'd suggest are these

Trust us, we're experts... How industry manipulates science and gambles with your future:

Toxic Sludge is Good For You : Lies, Damn Lies and the Public Relations Industry

And I just added two more books to my wishlist!
#15 of 25 Old 12-01-2005, 07:48 PM

Wanna add this one too? Same authors....

Weapons of Mass Deception: The Uses of Propaganda in Bush's War on Iraq

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158...books&v=glance

#16 of 25 Old 12-19-2005, 04:32 PM

bump to archive

#17 of 25 Old 12-20-2005, 05:01 AM

I like Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price and A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases and the Cure of Advanced Cancer -- by Dr. Max Gerson
#18 of 25 Old 12-20-2005, 05:34 AM

Two more booklists...

http://www.vran.org/pub_links/books.htm

http://www.*********/vaccines/books.html

#19 of 25 Old 12-20-2005, 05:36 AM

UK readers, books not normally seen in USA...

http://informedparent.eway.co.uk/Por...nd_videos.html

#20 of 25 Old 12-20-2005, 01:40 PM

MT....
#21 of 25 Old 12-20-2005, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschildren
MT....
What've I done now??? :

Another vital book to add to the list is "A stolen Life"

http://www.dptshot.com/

#22 of 25 Old 12-20-2005, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
Wanna add this one too? Same authors....

Weapons of Mass Deception: The Uses of Propaganda in Bush's War on Iraq

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158...books&v=glance
:
#23 of 25 Old 12-20-2005, 06:44 PM

Um, "weapons of mass deception????" ring a bell my dear? I was really into your recommendations 'til then.

Love always,
DC
#24 of 25 Old 12-20-2005, 07:14 PM

Well, there are times when I feel the publicity regarding vaccines and the mass destruction they are to save us from, is about on par with Powells declaration that Saddam Hussein's balsa wood motorised toy plane could bomb the whole of the USA in about forty minutes flat.

I just had this slight mental aberration I guess

#25 of 25 Old 12-22-2005, 03:53 PM

Bumped for Jean H

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page